Pass Your PSI Tennessee LLE Electrician Exam
IF YOU ARE NOT A TENNESSEE LIMITED LICENSED ELECTRICIAN SIGN UP NOW!
ARE YOU A CODEBOOK MASTER? You need to be if you want to pass your electrician exam and become a licensed Tennessee Limited Licensed Electrician.
98% of our clients succeed on the 1st attempt. WE TEACH YOU TO PASS!
Our Electrician Licence Exam Preparation Courses teach you how to locate specific code within the (NEC) National Electrical Code. Our courses explain how to quickly navigate the code, and how to break down exam questions and quickly find exam answers in the 2017 NEC.
Master the skills required to pass the Tennessee Limited Licensed Electrician Licence Exam and become a Licensed Tennessee Electrician.
Get Licensed! Tennessee law requires that all electricians that wish to pull a permit must be a Licensed Contractor or Licensed Limited Electrician (LLE). This is not the same as a Master or Journeyman Electrician. Complete the appropriate application and submit it to the Tennessee Board for Licensing Contractors ASAP.
There is no statewide licensing for Master, Journeyman, or Residential Electricians, so the rules and license types vary from city to city. Be sure to check with your local government for their regulations and licensing on electrical work.
Get your Tennessee Limited License Electrical (LLE) License.
PASS YOUR TENNESSEE LIMITED LICENSE ELECTRICAL EXAM THE FIRST TIME YOU TEST!
How? Because TLC Works! Our programs are among the most successful, comprehensive, and affordable training and exam preparation programs available anywhere.
The key to your success while using our program is a 22-lesson breakdown of our curriculum, designed to maximize your learning & retention potential. When you follow our curriculum, you WILL PASS your exam!
We provide a comprehensive strategy to pass the Tennessee electrician exam by teaching you how to “navigate” the 2017 NEC. You will quickly become an expert at finding the answers to exam questions rapidly and accurately.
Why choose TLC? to help pass the Electrician exam? Because your time is too valuable to choose anyone else!
Five Reasons to Enlist TLC to help you PASS YOUR TENNESSEE ELECTRICAL LICENSE EXAM.
- TLC has fifteen years of experience educating electricians on navigating the code and passing state-required electrician tests. We are experts at helping electricians pass the electrical exam!
- A+ Rated with the BBB. Our Programs Work, we have never received a complaint. Check us out!
- Our eTextbooks and online study center contain over 1300 multiple choice questions taken directly from the 2017 NEC (the basis of the Tennessee electrician test), as well as dozens of timed simulated full-length practice exams.
- We guarantee that YOU WILL PASS YOUR EXAM! If you don’t pass your Tennessee Electrician exam after two attempts, We offer a full refund.
- We have a 98% Pass Rate! Our students pass the exam. In fact, out of the 3000+ electricians that have used our study courses, less than 50 failed to pass on the first try.
OUR STUDENTS PASS, we guarantee it! Our students enjoy a 98% pass rate!
Consultants are available at 866-685-8564 – Mon-Fri 7 am to 10 pm pts, to answer any of your questions.
Each student has access to the following online study guides as well as online study questions and timed full-length simulated exams.
Basic Electrical Theory – eBook
- AC Current
- Simple AC Current Calculations
- AC Phase
- Phase Rotation
- Single-Phase Power Systems
- Three-Phase Power Systems
- Three-Phase Y and Delta Configurations
- Measurements AC Magnitude
- Power in Resistive and Reactive AC Circuits
- Calculating Power Factor
- Practical Power Factor Correction
- Kirchhoff’s law
Supplemental Study – eBook
- Ohms Law Tutorial
- Prints & Specifications Tutorial
- Wire Color Codes
- Electronic Symbols
- Electrical Diagrams
- Digital Multimeters
Navigating the 2017 NEC – eBook
- How to quickly reference the NEC
- Code reference speed drills
- Table of Contents
- Layout and structure of the codebook
- How to use the Index
- TLC System for answering test questions
- Keyword Identification – How to identify the subject of a question
- Example questions are broken down for your review
- Practice questions with answers fully mapped out
ONLINE STUDY CENTER – Study Questions and Practice Exams
STUDY MODE | FLASH CARD MODE | CHAPTER TESTS | SIMULATED FINAL EXAMS
Access Study Questions and Simulated Exams From Any Device With Internet Access! Online features include 1300+ practice questions, virtual flashcards, chapter exams, and unlimited simulated final exams.
These questions provide the framework for you to practice locating the answers to exam questions through the use of the 2017 NEC Codebook. The process of constantly utilizing the codebook to answer practice questions will build up the speed and code knowledge you need to pass your electrical exam successfully.
Four Modes of study!
- STUDY MODE This mode covers all Tennessee electrical exam questions and answers within our course. (Organized as Question – Answer – Code Location.)
- GENERAL TRADE KNOWLEDGE QUESTIONS (General electrical questions not in the code)
- BLUEPRINT READING QUESTIONS
- CALCULATION QUESTIONS (Load Calculations, Conduit Fill, etc.)
- 2017 NEC CODE QUESTIONS
- FLASHCARD MODE: Online Virtual Flashcards provide randomized access to our entire question set, an ideal setting to practice exam questions. (Organized as Question – Answer – Code Location)
- CHAPTER TESTS: Provide real-time feedback on each section of our study materials, enabling you to concentrate on sections that need improvement.
- SIMULATED FINAL EXAMS: Simulates the taking of your actual PSI Electrician exam.
Simulated Finals Are:
- FULL LENGTH (Same number of questions)
- TIMED (Same amount of time allowed)
- RANDOMIZED (Questions are randomized; all exams are unique.)
- PROPERLY BALANCED (Balanced according to the Candidate Information Bulletin guaranteeing a realistic exam simulation.)
Take as many Simulated Final Exams as you Want! ( These exams help you to gain the knowledge and confidence needed to pass your electrical exam effortlessly)
ONE YEAR ONLINE ACCESS: 1-year full access membership to our Online Study Center. Conveniently study in your home or office without wasting valuable time commuting to distant classes.
Our program is a reliable and affordable way to prepare for your Tennessee Electrician Exam while at home and online.
THIS PROGRAM REQUIRES YOU TO HAVE A COPY OF THE 2017 (NEC) NATIONAL ELECTRIC CODE. IF YOU DO NOT OWN A COPY OF THE CODEBOOK, YOU SHOULD ACQUIRE ONE IMMEDIATELY
Frequently Asked Questions
Please check with your State or Local Board for current information. Licensing requirements change and our site may not have been updated to reflect those changes.
QUESTION: Who is required to have a Tennessee Limited Licensed Electrician license?
ANSWER: The Tennessee Department for Contractors-Limited Licensed Electrician must license any individual who is engaged in the electrical contracting business or is performing work as a Limited Licensed Electrician.
QUESTION: What are the qualifications required for taking the exam?
Master Electrician: Must pass the PSI Limited Licensed Electrician Exam for Tennessee.
QUESTION: How do I sign up for the exam?
ANSWER: You must fill out and submit the LLE Examination Registration Form on page 7 (paper form) and all documentation to PSI. If you fail, you may retest unlimited, during your eligibility period.
The exam is administered by a third-party testing center, PSI Exams. You can contact PSI with any questions at (800) 733-9267 Hours of operation are Monday through Friday between 5:30 am and 8:00 pm, or Saturday-Sunday between 7:00 am and 3:30 pm, Mountain Time.
Upon passing the Limited Licensed Electrician exam, you will receive a notification letter of your passing score. You will then be responsible for applying with the Tennessee Board for Licensing Contractors LLE to apply for your license. Tennessee Limited Licensed Electrician Exam Application
QUESTION: How long is the exam?
ANSWER: The Limited Licensed Electrician exam consists of 40 multiple-choice questions. Test takers have 130 Minutes to complete this exam. The exam is computer-based.
The exam covers the following subjects:
- General Knowledge and Electrical Installation Requirements 7
- Services, Feeders, and Branch Circuits 7
- Overcurrent Protection 2
- Grounding and Bonding 5
- Conductors and Cables 4
- Raceways and Boxes 5
- Hazardous Locations, Special Occupancies, and Special Equipment 5
- Low Voltage, Alarms, Signaling Systems, and Communications 2
- Lighting, Signs, and General Use Equipment 3
QUESTION: Why should someone study this course if the limited license exam is an open-book test?
ANSWER: The electrical licensing exam is a very challenging exam and usually requires a month or more of preparation to pass.
The 2017 NEC is a large and complex publication containing over 800 pages of code. It is challenging to locate each correct article and answer in the time allowed during the exam without thorough preparation.
Our course is designed to familiarize you with the 2017 NEC. You will know precisely how to find the correct answers in the code when you take your exam.
We prepare you to successfully pass your exam by providing extensive knowledge of the structure of the code and by thoroughly covering each subject appearing on your Texas Electrical License Exam.
QUESTION: Why is a copy of the 2017 NEC required by this course?
ANSWER: The Tennessee Electrical License Exam is based on the 2017 NEC. This course is an excellent study companion to the 2017 NEC. This course makes frequent references to code sections and guides you through the exam topics.
The Electrical Licensing Exam is an open-book code exam. To pass, you must continuously reference the 2017 National Electrical Code.
The following codebooks allowed by the testing center.
- The NFPA 70 – National Electrical Code, 2017 Edition.
QUESTION: What can I bring into the testing center?
- Approved references
- Prescription eyeglasses
QUESTION: Where do I go to take my exam?
ANSWER: PSI Services. PSI maintains 6 testing locations across Tennessee.
For a complete listing, reference pages 2-3 of the Tennessee Department for Licencing Contractors – Candidate Information Bulletin.
GENERAL INFORMATION ABOUT THE EXAM:
The Tennessee Limited Licensed Electrician exam is an open book multiple-choice exam. You will have four choices per question. Some questions may require mathematical computation. Specified reference materials will be provided by the testing facility.
All exam questions are written to provide only one BEST answer and NOT written as trick questions.
Limited Licensed Electrician Application:
TENNESSEE DEPARTMENT FOR LICENSING CONTRACTORS
General Information Links:
- Electrical Licencing – Candidate Information Bulletin:
EXAM SCHEDULING – EXAM CONTENT – TESTING CENTER LOCATIONS
- Electrician Licensee Search Tool:
CHECK ELECTRICIAN CERTIFICATION STATUS
IF YOU ANSWER 20+ PRACTICE QUESTIONS CORRECTLY, YOU ARE IN PRETTY GOOD SHAPE.
However, if you miss 5 or more questions, you may fail your Tennessee LLE electrician exam.