Pass Your 2014 Kansas Journeyman or Master Electrician Exam!
When you need to pass your Kansas Electrical license exam, order this course!
Licenses issued by examination.
Our electrical license course thoroughly prepares you to pass your 2014 Kansas Electricians License exam.
Get your Kansas Journeyman Electrician or Master Electrician Licence.
Our Electrical License study course will thoroughly prepare you to pass your Kansas electrical exam the first time you test.
How? Because TLC Works! Our programs are among the most successful, comprehensive, and affordable training and exam preparation programs available anywhere.
While using our program, the key to your success is a 22-lesson breakdown of our curriculum, designed to maximize your learning & retention potential. When you follow our curriculum, you WILL PASS your exam!
We provide a comprehensive strategy to pass the Kansas electrician exam by teaching you how to “navigate” the 2014 NEC. You will quickly become an expert at finding the answers to exam questions rapidly and accurately.
Why choose TLC? to help pass the Electrician exam? Because your time is too valuable to choose anyone else!
Five Reasons to Enlist TLC to help you PASS YOUR KANSAS JOURNEYMAN ELECTRICIAN or MASTER ELECTRICIAN EXAM.
- TLC has fifteen years of experience educating electricians on navigating the code and passing state-required electrician tests. We are experts at helping electricians pass the electrical exam!
- A+ Rated with the BBB. Our Programs Work, we have never received a complaint. Check us out!
- Our eTextbooks and online study center contain over 1200 multiple choice questions taken directly from the 2014 NEC (the basis of the Kansas electrician test), as well as dozens of timed simulated full-length practice exams.
- We guarantee that YOU WILL PASS YOUR EXAM! If you don’t pass your Kansas electrician exam after two attempts, We offer a full refund.
- We have a 98% Pass Rate! Our students pass the exam. In fact, out of the 3000+ electricians that have used our study courses, less than 50 failed to pass on the first try.
OUR STUDENTS PASS, we guarantee it! Our students enjoy a 98% pass rate!
Consultants are available at 866-685-8564 – Mon-Fri 7 am est to 10 pm pst to answer any of your questions.
Each student has access to the following online study guides and online study questions, and timed full-length simulated exams.
Basic Electrical Theory – eBook
- AC Current
- Simple AC Current Calculations
- AC Phase
- Phase Rotation
- Single Phase Power Systems
- Three-Phase Power Systems
- Three Phase Y and Delta Configurations
- Measurements AC Magnitude
- Power in Resistive and Reactive AC Circuits
- Calculating Power Factor
- Practical Power Factor Correction
- Kirchhoff’s law
Supplemental Study – eBook
- Ohms Law
- Schematic Reading
- Wire Color Codes
- Electronic Symbols
- Electrical Diagrams
- Digital Multimeters
Navigating the 2014 NEC – eBook
- How to quickly reference the NEC
- Code reference speed drills
- Table of Contents
- Layout and structure of the codebook
- How to use the Index
- TLC System for answering test questions
- Keyword Identification – How to identify the subject of a question
- Example questions are broken down for your review.
- Practice questions with answers fully mapped out.
ONLINE STUDY CENTER – Study Questions and Practice Exams
STUDY MODE | FLASH CARD MODE | CHAPTER TESTS | SIMULATED FINAL EXAMS
Access Study Questions & Simulated Exams from any device with internet access! Online features include 1200+ practice questions, virtual flashcards, chapter exams, & unlimited mock final exams.
These questions exist to provide a framework for you to practice locating the answers to questions through the use of your NEC Codebook. This process of constantly utilizing the code to answer practice questions will build up the speed and code knowledge to successfully pass your electrical exam.
Four Modes of study!
- STUDY MODE This mode covers all Kansas electrical exam questions and answers within our course. (Organized as Question – Answer – Code Location.)
Included in this mode of study are;
- General Trade Knowledge Questions (General electrical questions not in the code)
- Blueprint Reading Questions
- Calculation Questions (Load Calculations, Conduit Fill, etc.)
- 2014 NEC Code Questions
- FLASHCARD MODE: Online Virtual Flashcards provide individual randomized questions. This mode of study presents access to our entire question set and is an ideal setting to practice answering randomized exam questions. (Organized as Question – Answer – Code Location.
- CHAPTER TESTS: Verify your understanding of each section of our structured study questions. (Practice tests provide real-time feedback on each section of our study materials and enable you to concentrate on those sections most needing improvement.
- SIMULATED FINAL EXAM: Final exams simulate the experience of taking your actual electrician exam.
Simulated Finals Are:
- Full length (Same number of questions as the Master Electrician exam)
- Timed (Same amount of time allowed as the Master Electrician exam)
- Randomized (Questions are assigned randomly; all exams are unique.)
- Properly Balanced (All questions are balanced according to the Candidate Information Bulletin to guarantee a realistic exam simulation)
Take as Many Timed Final Exams as you Want! (Practice exams help you rapidly gain confidence and knowledge to pass your Electrical Exam effortlessly.)
ONE-YEAR ONLINE ACCESS: 1-year full access membership to our Online Study Center. Conveniently study in your home or office without wasting valuable time traveling to distant classes. Our program is a reliable and affordable way to pass your Kansas Journeyman or Master Electrician Exam at home and online.
THIS PROGRAM REQUIRES YOU TO HAVE A COPY OF THE 2014 (NEC) NATIONAL ELECTRIC CODE. IF YOU DO NOT OWN A COPY OF THE CODEBOOK, YOU SHOULD ACQUIRE ONE IMMEDIATELY.
Frequently Asked Questions
Please check with your State or Local Board for current information. Licensing requirements change and our site may not have been updated to reflect those changes.
QUESTION: Are electricians required to have a Journeyman or Master Electrician license to work in Kansas?
ANSWER: It depends on the county in which you will be performing work if you perform work as an electrician in the following cities and counties you are required to pass either the Journeyman Electrician or Master Electrician Exam.
Sedgwick County, Wichita, Topeka, Wyandotte County, Kansas City. The above list is not all-inclusive.
QUESTION: What are the qualifications required for taking the exam?
ANSWER: Always check with your county licensing board for specifics.
However, we have found that typically, the qualifications are as follows.
- A Journeyman Electrician must demonstrate a minimum of four years (8,000 Hours) of experience, showing the necessary qualifications, training, and technical knowledge to install electrical wiring, apparatus or equipment, light, heat, or power. This can vary depending on the county you are licensed in.
- A Master Electrician must have an additional two years (4,000 hours) working as a journeyman electrician.
QUESTION: How do I sign up for the exam?
ANSWER: You must fill out and submit the Journeyman or Master Electrician License Application form to your local county or city qualifying board to be approved to take the exam.
The Following Candidate Information Bulletin will provide you with exam details and test-taking locations depending on which exam service you are utilizing to take your exam.
ICC International Code Council administers the exam through PearsonVue.
QUESTION: What content is included in the exam, how many questions are there, and how much time do I have to complete it?
ANSWER: The Master, Journeyman, and Residential license exams differ in length. Please refer to the ICC State of Kansas Contractor/Trade Examinations Candidate Information Bulletin – 7/29/2019
QUESTION: Why study TLC’s course if the Master, Journeyman, and Residential Electrician license exams are open book?
ANSWER: The electrical license exam is complex. It can require at least a month of study and preparation to pass.
The 2014 NEC is a publication containing over 800 pages of complex code. Through TLC’s course, locating the correct answer within the time allowed during the exam will be mastered.
TLC prepares you to successfully pass your exam by providing extensive instruction on the structure of the code each subject appearing in your Kansas Electrician License Exam is broadly covered.
QUESTION: Why is a copy of the 2014 NEC required by this course?
ANSWER: The Kansas Electrical License Exam is based on the 2014 NEC. TLC’s proven companion course will guide you through frequent references to critical code. Preparing you for your upcoming license exam.
QUESTION: What can I bring into the testing center?
ANSWER: You can bring the following Code and reference books to your exam
- 2014 National Electrical Code
- Ugly’s Electrical Reference (any edition)
QUESTION: Where do I go to take my exam?
ANSWER: Your ICC Candidate Information Bulletin lists all the testing center locations.
Kansas Electrician Exam Applications, By City or County:
City of Topeka, Kansas- City of Topeka Official Website – Development Services – Contractor Licensing & Info
Kansas ICC Contractor/Trades Examination Bulletin
EXAM SCHEDULING – EXAM CONTENT – TESTING CENTER LOCATIONS
The exam is administered through the ICC and will be taken using PearsonVue
ICC International Code Council. You can contact ICC with any questions at (800) 786-4452 Hours of operation are 9 am to 5 pm Mon-Fri, (Eastern Time)
Use your codebook to answer the following Kansas Electrician Certification Exam questions.
- PASS –If you correctly answer twenty+ of these free KS electrician exam practice questions, great job!
- FAIL – If you miss four or more questions, order this course and learn to pass your KS Electrician Exam.
Use the 2014 (NEC) National Electrical Code) to solve these KS electrical certification exam practice questions.