Pass Your PSI New Mexico Journeyman Electrician Exam!
when you need to pass your New Mexico Journeyman Residential and Commercial certification exam, order this course!
Licenses issued by examination.
Our electrical license course thoroughly prepares you to pass your New Mexico Journeyman Residential and Commercial Certification Exam.
Get Licensed! New Mexico law requires all electricians to be certified if performing work as a Journeyman Residential and Commercial Electrician. If you do not possess a current New Mexico Journeyman Electrician Certification, you are working illegally.
Complete the appropriate online application and submit it to the PSI on behalf of the New Mexico Regulation & Licensing Department ASAP.
Get your New Mexico Journeyman Residential and Commercial Electrician Certification.
PASS YOUR NEW MEXICO JOURNEYMAN RESIDENTIAL AND COMMERCIAL ELECTRICIAN CERTIFICATION EXAM THE FIRST TIME YOU TEST!
How? Because TLC Works! Our programs are among the most successful, comprehensive, and affordable training and exam preparation programs available anywhere.
The key to your success while using our program is a 22-lesson breakdown of our curriculum, designed to maximize your learning & retention potential. When you follow our curriculum, you WILL PASS your exam!
We provide a comprehensive strategy to pass the New Mexico electrician certification exam by teaching you how to “navigate” the 2017 NEC. You will quickly become an expert at finding the answers to exam questions rapidly and accurately.
Why choose TLC? to help pass the Electrician exam? Because your time is too valuable to choose anyone else!
Five Reasons to Enlist TLC to help you PASS YOUR NEW MEXICO ELECTRICAL CERTIFICATION EXAM.
- TLC has fifteen years of experience educating electricians on navigating the code and passing state-required electrician tests. We are experts at helping electricians pass the electrical exam!
- A+ Rated with the BBB. Our Programs Work, we have never received a complaint. Check us out!
- Our eTextbooks and online study center contain over 1300 multiple choice questions taken directly from the 2017 NEC (the basis of the New Mexico electrician test), as well as dozens of timed simulated full-length practice exams.
- We guarantee that YOU WILL PASS YOUR EXAM! If you don’t pass your New Mexico Electrician Certification exam after two attempts, We offer a full refund.
- We have a 98% Pass Rate! Our students pass the exam. In fact, out of the 3000+ electricians that have used our study courses, less than 50 failed to pass on the first try.
OUR STUDENTS PASS, we guarantee it! Our students enjoy a 98% pass rate!
Consultants are available at 866-685-8564 – Mon-Fri 7 am to 10 pm pts, to answer any of your questions.
Each student has access to the following online study guides and online study questions, and timed full-length simulated exams.
Basic Electrical Theory – eBook
- AC Current
- Simple AC Current Calculations
- AC Phase
- Phase Rotation
- Single-Phase Power Systems
- Three-Phase Power Systems
- Three-Phase Y and Delta Configurations
- Measurements AC Magnitude
- Power in Resistive and Reactive AC Circuits
- Calculating Power Factor
- Practical Power Factor Correction
- Kirchhoff’s law
Supplemental Study – eBook
- Ohms Law
- Schematic Reading
- Wire Color Codes
- Electronic Symbols
- Electrical Diagrams
- Digital Multimeters
Breakdown of the 2017 NEC – eBook
- How to quickly reference the NEC
- Code reference speed drills
- Table of Contents
- Layout and structure of the codebook
- How to use the Index
- TLC System for answering test questions
- Keyword Identification – How to identify the subject of a question
- Example questions are broken down for your review.
- Practice questions with answers fully mapped out.
ONLINE STUDY CENTER – Practice Exams & Study Questions
STUDY MODE | FLASH CARD MODE | CHAPTER TESTS | SIMULATED FINAL EXAMS
Access Study Questions and Simulated Exams From Any Device With Internet Access! Online features include 1300+ practice questions, virtual flashcards, chapter exams, and unlimited simulated final exams.
These questions provide the framework for you to practice locating the answers to exam questions through the use of the 2017 NEC Codebook. The process of constantly utilizing the codebook to answer practice questions will build up the speed and code knowledge you need to pass your electrical exam successfully.
Four Modes of study!
- STUDY MODE This mode covers all New Mexico electrical exam questions and answers within our course. (Organized as Question – Answer – Code Location.)
- GENERAL TRADE KNOWLEDGE QUESTIONS (General electrical questions not in the code)
- BLUEPRINT READING QUESTIONS
- CALCULATION QUESTIONS (Load Calculations, Conduit Fill, etc.)
- 2017 NEC CODE QUESTIONS
- FLASHCARD MODE: Online Virtual Flashcards provide randomized access to our entire question set, an ideal setting to practice exam questions. (Organized as Question – Answer – Code Location)
- CHAPTER TESTS: Provide real-time feedback on each section of our study materials, enabling you to concentrate on sections that need improvement.
- SIMULATED FINAL EXAMS: Simulates the taking of your actual PSI Electrician exam.
Simulated Finals Are:
- FULL LENGTH (Same number of questions)
- TIMED (Same amount of time allowed)
- RANDOMIZED (Questions are randomized; all exams are unique.)
- PROPERLY BALANCED (Balanced according to the Candidate Information Bulletin guaranteeing a realistic exam simulation.)
Take as many Simulated Final Exams as you Want! ( These exams help you to gain the knowledge and confidence needed to pass your electrical exam effortlessly)
ONE YEAR ONLINE ACCESS: 1-year full access membership to our Online Study Center. Conveniently study in your home or office without wasting valuable time commuting to distant classes.
Our program is a reliable and affordable way to prepare for your New Mexico Electrician Exam while at home and online.
THIS PROGRAM REQUIRES YOU TO HAVE A COPY OF THE 2017 (NEC) NATIONAL ELECTRIC CODE. IF YOU DO NOT OWN A COPY OF THE CODEBOOK, YOU SHOULD ACQUIRE ONE IMMEDIATELY
Frequently Asked Questions
Please check with your State or Local Board for current information. Licensing requirements change, and our site may not have been updated to reflect those changes.
QUESTION: Who is required to have a New Mexico Electrician license?
ANSWER: The New Mexico Regulation & Licensing Department must license any individual engaged in the electrical business or is performing work as an Electrician.
Individual jurisdictions may have other licensing requirements.
QUESTION: What are the qualifications required for taking the exam?
Journeyman Electrician: Must have at least 4 years’ experience (8,000 hours) and pass parts 1-3 of the Electrical Journeyman Residential and Commercial exam.
QUESTION: How do I sign up for the exam?
ANSWER: You must fill out and submit the Application for Journeyman Certificate online form to the PSI to be approved to take the exam.
Upon approval from PSI, you will receive a notification letter via mail. You will then be responsible for contacting PSI to pay and schedule the examination. If you fail, you may retest unlimited times during your eligibility period.
The exam is administered by a third-party testing center, PSI Exams. You can contact PSI with any questions at (800) 733-9267. Hours of operation are Monday through Friday between 5:30 am, and 8:00 pm or Saturday-Sunday between 7:00 am and 3:30 pm, Mountain Time.
QUESTION: How long is the exam?
ANSWER: The Journeyman Residential and Commercial Electrician exam consists of a 3 part exam.
Part-1 consists of 50 multiple-choice questions with a time allowed of 145 minutes. The exam is open-book with authorized materials and computer-based.
EE-98J Journeyman Residential and Commercial Electrical Part 1 Code Examination covers the following subjects:
- General Knowledge and Electrical Installation 4
- Services, Feeders, and Branch Circuits 7
- Overcurrent Protection 4
- Grounding and Bonding 6
- Conductors and Cables 5
- Raceways and Boxes 5
- Hazardous Locations, Special Occupancies, and Special Equipment 4
- Lighting, Signs, and General-Use Equipment 3
- Motors, Transformers, and Generators 5
- NM State Code 4
- Low Voltage 3
Part-2 Journeyman Residential and Commercial Electrical exam consists of 50 multiple-choice questions with a time allowed of 135 minutes. The exam is closed-book and computer-based.
EE-98J Journeyman Residential and Commercial Electrical Part 2 Theory Examination
- General Knowledge and Electrical Installation 18
- Services, Feeders, and Branch Circuits 5
- Overcurrent Protection 4
- Grounding and Bonding 5
- Conductors and Cables 3
- Raceways and Boxes 3
- Hazardous Locations, Special Occupancies, and Special Equipment 2
- Lighting, Signs, and General-Use Equipment 2
- Low Voltage, including Alarms 8
Part 3-Is NOT covered by this study program.
Journeyman Residential and Commercial Electrical Practical Examination- Refer to page 9 of your State Electrical Board – Candidate Information Bulletin.
QUESTION: Why should someone study this course if the journeyman certification exam is an open-book test?
ANSWER: The electrical licensing exam is very challenging and usually requires a month or more preparation to pass.
The 2017 NEC is a large and complex publication containing over 800 pages of code. It is challenging to locate each correct article and answer in the time allowed during the exam without thorough preparation.
Our course is designed to familiarize you with the 2017 NEC. You will know precisely how to find the correct answers in the code when you take your exam.
We prepare you to successfully pass your exam by providing extensive knowledge of the code structure and thoroughly covering each subject appearing on your New Mexico Electrical License Exam.
QUESTION: Why is a copy of the 2017 NEC required by this course?
ANSWER: The New Mexico Journeyman Electrical Certification Exam is based on the 2017 NEC. This course is an excellent study companion to the 2017 NEC. This course makes frequent references to code sections and guides you through the exam topics.
The Electrical Certification Exam is an open-book code exam. To pass, you must continuously reference the 2017 National Electrical Code.
The following codebooks are allowed by the testing center.
- The NFPA 70 – National Electrical Code, 2017 Edition.
- New Mexico Electrical Code (NMAC 14.10.4), 2017
QUESTION: What can I bring into the testing center?
- Approved references
- Prescription eyeglasses
QUESTION: Where do I go to take my exam?
ANSWER: PSI Services. PSI maintains five testing locations across New Mexico.
For a complete listing, reference pages 3-4 of the New Mexico State Electrical Board – Candidate Information Bulletin.
GENERAL INFORMATION ABOUT THE EXAM:
The New Mexico Journeyman Residential and Commercial Electrical exam is an open-book multiple-choice exam. You will have four choices per question. Some questions may require mathematical computation. The testing facility will provide specified reference materials.
All exam questions are written to provide only one BEST answer and are NOT written as trick questions.
Journeyman Electrician Application:
- Individual Examination Application.
- Electrical Experience Verification.
- License Renewal Application.
General Information Links:
- Electrical Licensing – Candidate Information Bulletin:
EXAM SCHEDULING – EXAM CONTENT – TESTING CENTER LOCATIONS
Use your codebook to answer the following New Mexico Journeyman Electrician Certification Exam questions.
- PASS –If you correctly answer twenty+ of these free NM electrician exam practice questions, great job!
- FAIL – If you miss four or more questions, order this course and learn to pass your NM Electrician Exam.
Use the 2017 (NEC) National Electrical Code) to solve these New Mexico electrical certification exam practice questions.