Pass Your Idaho Electrical License Exam!
When you need to pass your Idaho electrician license exam, order this course!
Licenses issued by examination.
Our online electrical license course thoroughly prepares you to pass your Idaho Electrical License exam.
Get your Idaho Electrical License.
If you are taking the Idaho Electrical Master or Journeyman Electrician Exam this course will teach you how to pass your exam the first time you test.
How? Because TLC Works! Our programs are among the most successful, comprehensive, and affordable training and exam preparation programs available anywhere.
The key to your success while using our program is a 22-lesson breakdown of our curriculum, designed to maximize your learning & retention potential. If you follow our curriculum, you WILL PASS your exam!
We provide a comprehensive strategy to pass either of the Idaho Electrical exams, by teaching you how to “navigate” the 2017 NEC. You will quickly become an expert at finding the answers to exam questions rapidly and accurately.
Why choose TLC to help pass the electrical exam? Because your time is too valuable to choose anyone else!
Five Reasons to Enlist TLC to Ensure you Pass your Idaho Electrical Exam.
- TLC has fifteen years of experience educating electricians on how to navigate the code and pass state-required electrician tests. We are experts at helping electricians pass the electrical exam!
- A+ Rated with the BBB. Our Program Works, we have never received a complaint. Check us out!
- Our eTextbooks and online study center contain over 1300 multiple choice questions taken directly from the 2017 NEC (the basis of the Idaho State test), as well as dozens of timed simulated full-length practice exams.
- We guarantee that YOU WILL PASS YOUR EXAM! If you don’t pass your Idaho Electrical exam after two attempts, We offer a full refund.
- We have a 98% Pass Rate! Our students pass the exam. In fact, out of the 3000+ electricians that have used our study courses, less than 50 failed to pass on the first try.
Our students pass, we guarantee it! Our students enjoy a 98% pass rate!
Consultants are available at 866-685-8564 – Mon-Fri 7 am to 10 pm pst to answer any of your questions.
Each student has access to the following online e-books and online study center for one year.
Basic Electrical Theory – eBook
- AC Current
- Simple AC Current Calculations
- AC Phase
- Phase Rotation
- Single-Phase Power Systems
- Three-Phase Power Systems
- Three-Phase Y and Delta Configurations
- Measurements AC Magnitude
- Power in Resistive and Reactive AC Circuits
- Calculating Power Factor
- Practical Power Factor Correction
- Kirchhoff’s law.
Supplemental Study Guides – eBook
- Ohms Law Tutorial
- Prints & Specifications Tutorial
- Wire Color Codes
- Electronic Symbols
- Electrical Diagrams
- Digital Multimeters
Navigating the 2017 NEC – eBook
- How to quickly reference the NEC
- Code reference speed drills
- Table of Contents
- Layout and structure of the codebook
- How to use the Index
- TLC System for answering test questions
- Keyword Identification – How to identify the subject of a question
- Example questions are broken down for your review
- Practice questions with answers fully mapped out
Online Study Center – Study Questions and Practice Exams
Access Study Questions and Simulated Exams From Any Device With Internet Access!
These questions provide the framework for you to practice locating the answers to exam questions through the use of the 2017 NEC Codebook. The process of constantly utilizing the codebook to answer practice questions will build up the speed and code knowledge you need to successfully pass your electrical exam.
Four modes of study!
- Study Mode: This covers over 1300 Idaho electrical exam questions and answers within our course. (Organized as Question – Answer – Code Location)
- General Trade Knowledge Questions (General electrical questions not in the code)
- Blueprint Reading Questions
- Calculation Questions (Load Calculations, Conduit Fill, etc.)
- 2017 NEC Code Questions
- Flashcard Mode: Online Virtual Flashcards provide randomized access to our entire question set, an ideal setting to practice exam questions. (Organized as Question – Answer – Code Location)
- Chapter Tests: Provide real-time feedback on each section of our study materials, enabling you to concentrate on sections that need improvement.
- Simulated Final Exams: Simulates the taking of your Journeyman Electrician exam.
- Full length (Exact number of questions)
- Timed (Exact same amount of time allowed)
- Randomized (Questions are randomized, all exams are unique)
- Properly Balanced (Balanced according to the Candidate Information Bulletin guaranteeing a realistic exam simulation)
Take as many simulated final exams as you want! (These exams help you to gain the knowledge, speed, and confidence needed to pass your electrical exam effortlessly)
One year online access: Full access membership to our online study center. Experience the convenience of learning at home, or in office, saving valuable travel time to an in-person course.
Our program is a reliable, affordable way to prepare for the Idaho Electrical Exam.
This program requires a copy of the 2017 (NEC) National Electric Code. If you do not own a copy of the codebook, you should acquire one immediately!
Frequently Asked Questions
QUESTION: Who is required to have an Idaho Electrical License?
ANSWER: All individuals engaged as all Master Electricians and all Journeyman Electricians performing work, must be licensed by the Idaho Division of Building Safety.
QUESTION: How much experience is required by the State of Idaho to become a Master Electrician?
In State: Submit proof of holding an Idaho Electrical Journeyman License for a minimum of four (4) years.
Submit a complete, notarized application (included) and the $15 (non-refundable) application fee.
Applicants who hold an out of state Electrical Journeyman License, but do not qualify for a reciprocal Electrical Master License (see below for reciprocity requirements), must first qualify for and pass the Idaho Electrical Journeyman exam, and purchase the license, before qualifying for the Idaho Master License exam.
Once an applicant has obtained the Idaho Electrical Journeyman License, an application for the Electrical Master exam may be submitted along with proof of holding an Electrical Journeyman License in the non-reciprocal state for a minimum of (4) years.
QUESTION: Does your course cover the law and business questions for the Electrical Contractor exam?
ANSWER: At this time the TLC course does NOT cover any of the state law and business questions.
QUESTION: How much experience is required by the State of Idaho to become a licensed Journeyman Electrician?
ANSWER: Submit proof of completion of four (4) years of approved electrical apprenticeship school and notarized
documentation of four (4) years (minimum of 8,000 hours) of work experience (form included).
Submit notarized documentation of eight (8) years (minimum of 16,000 hours) of verified work experience (form included).
In-state apprentices only: Submit proof of completion of four (4) years of approved electrical apprenticeship school and notarized documentation of a minimum of 6,000 hours of work experience as an Idaho Electrical Apprentice (form included). If using this method to qualify, you will need to submit your additional hours, for a total of four (4) years (a minimum of 8,000 hours) of work experience, after passing the exam in order to receive the license.
*All installations performed must have been made under the constant supervision of a licensed Electrical Journeyman/Master.
QUESTION: How do I sign up for an Electrical Contractor or Journeyman Electrical License exam?
ANSWER: All candidates must fill out and submit an Master Electrical License, or Journeyman Electrical License application form to the Idaho Division of Building Safety. for approval to sit the exam. Applications are processed quarterly, and exams must be taken within 90 days of final approval.
QUESTION: What content is included in the exam, how many questions are there, and how much time do I have to complete it?
ANSWER: The Master Electrical, and Journeyman Electrical license exams differ in length. Please refer to the Idaho Division of Building Safety Candidate Information Bulletin.
QUESTION: Why study TLC’s course if the Master Electrical and Journeyman Electrical license exams are open book?
ANSWER: The electrical license exam is complex. It can require at least a month of study and preparation to pass.
The 2017 NEC is a publication containing over 800 pages of complex code. Through TLC’s course, locating the correct answer within the time allowed during the exam will be mastered.
TLC prepares you to successfully pass your exam by providing extensive instruction on the structure of the code, each subject appearing in your Idaho Electrical License Exam is broadly covered.
QUESTION: Why is a copy of the 2017 NEC required for this course?
ANSWER: Idaho State Electrical License exams are based on the 2017 NEC. TLC’s proven companion course will guide you through frequent references to critical code. Preparing you for your upcoming license exam.
QUESTION: What can I bring into the testing center?
ANSWER: Approved References are addressed in the Candidate Information Bulletin.
QUESTION: Where do I go to take my exam?
ANSWER: All exams are managed and administrated by the Idaho Division of Building Safety. For details and a list of test centers in your area, contact them by telephone at (800) 955-3044. For a complete listing of Idaho’s testing sites please refer to the Candidate Information Bulletin.
Complete the appropriate application and submit it to the State of Idaho Division of Building Safety ASAP. Applications are reviewed quarterly. Once your application is accepted, you have 90 days from the approval date to take your exam.
General Information Links:
- Idaho Electrical Exams – Candidate Information Bulletin:
Exam Scheduling – Exam Content – Testing Center Locations
- Idaho Electrical Contractor Application
For approval by the Idaho Electrical Board
- Master Electrician Application.
For approval by the Idaho Electrical Board
- Journeyman Electrician Application.
For approval by the Idaho Electrical Board
IF YOU ANSWER 20+ PRACTICE QUESTIONS CORRECTLY, YOU ARE IN PRETTY GOOD SHAPE.
However, if you miss five or more questions, you risk failing your Idaho Electrical exam.