Pass Your Alaska Certificate Of Fitness Electrical Exam
When you need to pass your Alaskan electrician license exam, order this course!
Licenses issued by examination.
Our electrical license course thoroughly prepares you to pass your selected Alaska Electrical Journeyman Certificate of Fitness or Residential Journeyman Certificate of Fitness exam.
Start Now! Alaska law requires if you’re performing work as an Alaska Electrical Journeyman or Alaska Residential Journeyman that, you be certified.
Complete the application and submit it to the Alaska Department of Labor and Workforce Development Mechanical Inspection.
Get your Alaska Certificate of Fitness – Electrical
Our Alaska Electrical Certificate of Fitness Certificate study courses will thoroughly prepare you to pass your Alaska Electrical Journeyman or Alaska Residential Journeyman exam the first time you test.
How? Because TLC Works! Our programs are among the most successful, comprehensive, and affordable training and exam preparation programs available anywhere.
While using our program, the key to your success is a 5-lesson breakdown of our curriculum, designed to maximize your learning & retention potential. When you follow our curriculum, you WILL PASS your exam!
We provide a comprehensive strategy to pass the Alaska Electrical Journeyman or Alaska Residential Journeyman exam by teaching you how to “navigate” the 2020 NEC. You will quickly become an expert at finding the answers to exam questions rapidly and accurately.
Why choose TLC to help pass the Alaska Certificate of Fitness Electrical Journeyman or Alaska Certificate of Fitness Residential Journeyman exam? Because your time is too valuable to choose anyone else!
Five Reasons TLC can help you pass your Alaska Electrical Journeyman or Alaska Residential Journeyman Certification exam.
- TLC has over fifteen years of experience educating electricians on navigating the code and passing state-required electrician exams. We are experts at helping electricians pass the electrical exam!
- A+ Rated with the BBB. Our Programs Work, we have never received a complaint. Check us out!
- Our online study center contains eCourses, eManual, over 1400 multiple-choice Alaska Electrical Journeyman or Alaska Residential Journeyman Certification study questions, and randomized, timed full-length simulated final exams.
- We guarantee that you will pass your exam! If you don’t pass your Alaska Electrical Journeyman or Alaska Residential Journeyman exam after two attempts. We offer a full refund see details.
- We have a 98% Pass Rate! Thousands of electricians have used our study courses. Our students pass the exam with a minimum of 50 hours of study time.
Consultants are available at 866-685-8564 – Mon-Fri, 7 am to 10 pm pst, to answer any of your questions.
ONE-YEAR ONLINE ACCESS: Accessible from any device with internet access!
How To Use Our Online Study Center
Our guided self-study schedule contains the following:
- Basic Electrical Theory
- Basic DC Theory
- Basic AC Theory
- Ohms Law
- Test Equipment
- Electrical Theory Chapter Questions
- Label Systems & Schematic Reading
- Construction Drawing Tutorial
- Blueprint Reading Chapter Questions
Navigating the 2020 NEC – eManual
Our “NAVIGATING THE 2020 NEC” eManual helps students review the (NEC) National Electrical Code.
When you master the code, you master your Exam!
This eManual is the heart of the TLC Alaska Electrical Certificate of Fitness Training Program. It will familiarize you with the use, layout, and content of the 2020 NEC.
- The purpose and layout of the code
- How to navigate the NEC
- Codebook navigation exercises, speed drills
- Using the Table of Contents
- Breaking down questions by subject.
- Keyword Identification, how to Identify the subject of a question for easy reference.
- How to search for a code article by referencing the INDEX.
- Code reference example questions with in-depth solutions.
Study Questions and Simulated Final Exams
- GUIDED CHAPTER QUESTIONS This covers all Alaska Electrical Certificate of Fitness exam questions and answers within our course by chapter. (Organized as Question – Answer – Code Location.) These questions exist to provide a framework for you to practice locating the answers to questions through the use of your NEC Codebook. The process of constantly utilizing the code to answer practice questions will build up your speed and code knowledge to pass your electrical exam successfully.
Questions Include the following topic:
- General Trade Knowledge Questions
- Electrical Theory
- 2020 NEC Code Questions
- Calculation Questions (Load Calculations, Conduit Fill, etc.)
- ONLINE FLASHCARDS: Virtual Flashcards provide individual randomized questions. This provides access to our entire question set and is an ideal setting to practice answering randomized exam questions. (Organized as Question – Answer – Code Location).
- SIMULATED FINAL EXAM: Final exams simulate the experience of taking your actual Alaska Electrical Certificate of Fitness exam.
Simulated Finals Are:
- Full length (Same number of questions as the exam)
- Timed (Same amount of time allowed as the exam)
- Randomized (Questions are assigned randomly; all exams are unique.)
- Properly Balanced (All questions are balanced according to the Candidate Information Bulletin to guarantee a realistic exam simulation)
Take as Many Timed Final Exams as you Want! (Practicing final exams helps you rapidly gain confidence and knowledge to pass your Alaska Electrical Certificate of Fitness Exam effortlessly.)
THIS PROGRAM REQUIRES YOU TO HAVE A COPY OF THE 2020 (NEC) NATIONAL ELECTRIC CODE. IF YOU DO NOT OWN A COPY OF THE CODEBOOK, YOU MAY PURCHASE ONE BELOW.
Frequently Asked Questions
Please check with your State or Local Board for current information. Licensing requirements change, and our site may not have been updated to reflect those changes.
QUESTION: Who is required to have an Alaska Certificate of Fitness Electrical License?
ANSWER: All individuals engaged as Journeyman-level Electricians performing work, must be licensed by the Alaska Department of Labor and Workforce Development.
QUESTION: How much experience is required by the State of Alaska to become a Certified Journeyman Electrician?
ANSWER: This depends on the Certificate of Fitness you are applying for; these requirements are listed on page 3 of the Application for Certificate of Fitness
QUESTION: How do I sign up for a Certificate of Fitness Journeyman Electrical Certification exam?
ANSWER: All candidates must fill out and submit an application for the Certificate of Fitness for Journeyman Electrical application form to the Alaska Department of Labor Mechanical Inspection Department for approval to sit for the exam.
QUESTION: What content is included in the exam, how many questions are there, and how much time do I have to complete it?
Certificate of Fitness Exam: It depends on which Certificate of Fitness Exam you are taking; license exams differ in the number of questions. For each exam, you are given four hours.
Residential Electrician: Are 50 questions ( 25 true or false & 25 multiple-choice)
Journeyman Electrician: Is 100 questions ( 50 true or false & 50 multiple-choice)
QUESTION: Why study TLC’s course if the Journeyman Electrical Certificate of Fitness exams are open book?
ANSWER: The electrical license exam is complex. It can require at least a month of study and preparation to pass.
The 2020 NEC is a publication containing over 800 pages of complex code. Through TLC’s course, locating the correct answer within the time allowed during the exam will be mastered.
TLC prepares you to successfully pass your exam by providing extensive instruction on the structure of the code. Each subject appearing in your Alaska Certificate of Fitness – Electrical Exam is broadly covered.
QUESTION: Why is a copy of the 2020 NEC required for this course?
ANSWER: Alaska Certificate of Fitness – Electrical exams are based on the 2020 NEC. TLC’s proven companion course will guide you through frequent references to critical code. Preparing you for your upcoming license exam.
QUESTION: What can I bring into the testing center?
ANSWER: Approved References for the Certificate of Fitness -Electrical exam are allowed a copy of the 2020 NEC.
QUESTION: Where do I go to take my Electrical Certificate of Fitness exam?
ANSWER: Are given by appointment only. Call the Mechanical Inspection office to schedule testing in Anchorage, Fairbanks, or Juneau.
Note: Contact the Anchorage office for information on testing in other selected Alaska communities. (907) 269-4925
Complete the application and submit it to the Alaska Electrical Application ASAP.
- Alaska Certificate of Fitness Journeyman Electrician Application.
For approval by the Alaska Electrical Contractors Board
General Information Links:
The Alaska Electrical Certificate of Fitness exams are selected randomly from a database of thousands of potential questions. Memorizing answers is not the path to passing your exam!
If you understand how to locate exam answers in your 2020 NEC codebook, you should be able to answer 100% of these practice questions correctly.
We teach you how to navigate your codebook & pass your exam quickly. “Master The Code, Master The Exam!“
Use the 2020 (NEC) National Electrical Code) to solve these Alaska Certificate of Fitness practice questions.