Pass Your Maryland Electrician License Exam!
When you need to pass your Maryland Master Electrician License exam, order this course!
Licenses issued by examination.
Our electrical license course thoroughly prepares you to pass your Maryland Master Electrician License exam.
Get your Maryland Master or Journeyperson Electrician License.
If you are taking the Maryland Master or Journeyperson Electrician Exam this course will teach you how to pass your exam the first time you test.
How? Because TLC Works! Our programs are among the most successful, comprehensive, and affordable training and exam preparation programs available anywhere.
The key to your success while using our program is a 5-lesson step-by-step breakdown of our curriculum, designed to maximize your learning & retention potential. If you follow our curriculum, you WILL PASS your exam!
We provide a comprehensive strategy to pass the Maryland Master or Journeyperson Electrician exam, by teaching you how to “navigate” the 2017 NEC. You will quickly become an expert at finding the answers to exam questions rapidly and accurately.
Why choose TLC to help pass the electrician exam? Because your time is too valuable to choose anyone else!
Five Reasons to Enlist TLC to Ensure you Pass your Maryland Master or Journeyperson Electrician Exam.
- TLC has fifteen years of experience educating electricians on how to navigate the code and pass state-required electrician tests. We are experts at helping electricians pass the electrical exam!
- A+ Rated with the BBB. Our Program Works, we have never received a complaint. Check us out!
- Our eCourses and online study center contain over 1300 multiple choice questions taken directly from the 2017 NEC (the basis of the Maryland State test), as well as dozens of timed simulated full-length practice exams.
- We guarantee that YOU WILL PASS YOUR EXAM! If you don’t pass your Maryland Master or Journeyperson Electrician exam after two attempts, We offer a full refund.
- We have a 98% Pass Rate! Our students pass the exam. In fact, out of the 3000+ electricians that have used our study courses, less than 50 failed to pass on the first try.
Our students pass, we guarantee it! Our students enjoy a 98% pass rate!
Consultants are available at 866-685-8564 – Mon-Fri 7 am to 10 pm pst to answer any of your questions.
Each student has access to the following online study center for one year.
Basic Electrical Theory – eLesson
- Basic Electrical Theory
- DC Theory
- AC Theory
- OHM’s Law.
- Test Equipment.
Blueprint Reading – eLesson
- Label Systems & Schematic Reading
- Construction Drawings Tutorial
Navigating the 2017 NEC – eManual
- How to quickly reference the NEC
- Code reference speed drills
- Table of Contents
- Layout and structure of the codebook
- How to use the Index
- TLC System for answering test questions
- Keyword Identification – How to identify the subject of a question
- Example questions are broken down for your review
- Practice questions with answers fully mapped out
Online Study Center – Study Questions and Practice Exams
Access Study Questions and Simulated Exams From Any Device With Internet Access!
These questions provide the framework for you to practice locating the answers to exam questions through the use of the 2017 NEC Codebook. The process of constantly utilizing the codebook to answer practice questions will build up the speed and code knowledge you need to successfully pass your electrical exam.
- Study Mode: This covers over 1300 Maryland Master Electrician exam questions and answers within our course. (Organized as Question – Answer – Code Location)
- General Trade Knowledge Questions (General electrical questions not in the code)
- Electrical Theory
- Blueprint Reading Questions
- Calculation Questions (Load Calculations, Conduit Fill, etc.)
- 2017 NEC Code Questions
- Flashcard Mode: Online Virtual Flashcards provide randomized access to our entire question set, an ideal setting to practice exam questions. (Organized as Question – Answer – Code Location)
- Simulated Final Exams: Simulates the taking of your Master Electrician exam.
- Full length (Exact number of questions)
- Timed (Exact same amount of time allowed)
- Randomized (Questions are randomized, all exams are unique)
- Properly Balanced (Balanced according to the Candidate Information Bulletin guaranteeing a realistic exam simulation)
Take as many simulated final exams as you want! (These exams help you to gain the knowledge, speed, and confidence needed to pass your electrical exam effortlessly)
One year online access: Full access membership to our online study center. Experience the convenience of learning at home, or in the office, saving valuable travel time to an in-person course.
Our program is a reliable, affordable way to prepare for the Maryland Master or Journeyperson Electrician Exam.
This program requires a copy of the 2017 (NEC) National Electric Code. If you do not own a copy of the codebook, you should acquire one immediately!
Frequently Asked Questions
QUESTION: Who is required to have a Maryland Master or Journeyperson Electrician License?
ANSWER: All individuals engaged as Master or Journeyperson Electricians performing work, must be licensed by the Maryland State Board of Master Electricians.
QUESTION: How much experience is required by the State of Maryland to become a licensed Journeyperson Electrician?
ANSWER: An applicant must demonstrate 3 years of work experience working under a licensed master and must pass the journeyperson examination administered by PSI, Examination Services with a minimum passing score of 70%.
QUESTION: How much experience is required by the State of Maryland to become a licensed Master Electrician?
ANSWER: An applicant must have been engaged or employed regularly and principally in providing electrical services for all types of electrical equipment and apparatus for at least seven years under the direction and supervision of a master electrician, or a similarly qualified employee of a governmental unit. The state board may allow an applicant up to three years of credit towards the required experience with proof that the applicant has completed a formal course of study or professional training in electrical installation comparable to the required experience.
QUESTION: How do I sign up for a Master Electrician License exam?
ANSWER: All candidates must complete the application in the Candidate Information Bulletin to take the Maryland Master Electrician exam.
QUESTION: What content is included in the exam, how many questions are there, and how much time do I have to complete it?
ANSWER: The Master Electrician license exam consists of 90 scored 2017 NEC code questions, to be completed in 4 hours. For more information please refer to the PSI Exams Candidate Information Bulletin
QUESTION: What content is included in the Journeyperson exam, how many questions are there, and how much time do I have to complete it?
ANSWER: The Journeyperson Electrician license exam consists of 70 scored 2017 NEC code questions, to be completed in 3.5 hours. For more information please refer to the PSI Exams Candidate Information Bulletin
QUESTION: Why study TLC’s course if the Master Electrician license exam is open book?
ANSWER: The electrical license exam is complex. It can require at least a month of study and preparation to pass.
The 2017 NEC is a publication containing over 800 pages of complex code. Through TLC’s course, locating the correct answer within the time allowed during the exam will be mastered.
TLC prepares you to successfully pass your exam by providing extensive instruction on the structure of the code, each subject appearing in your Maryland Master Electrician License Exam is broadly covered.
QUESTION: Why is a copy of the 2017 NEC required for this course?
ANSWER: The Maryland State Master Electrician License exam is based on the 2017 NEC. TLC’s proven companion course will guide you through frequent references to critical code. Preparing you for your upcoming license exam.
QUESTION: What can I bring into the testing center?
ANSWER: Approved References are addressed in the Candidate Information Bulletin.
QUESTION: Where do I go to take my exam?
ANSWER: All exams are managed and administrated at a third-party testing center. For details and a list of test centers in your area, contact PSI Exams. Or telephone them at 855-898-0715. For a complete listing of Maryland testing sites please refer to the Candidate Information Bulletin.
Complete the appropriate application and submit it to PSI Exams. Once your application is approved you will be notified by PSI to schedule a test
General Information Links:
- Maryland Master Electrician – Candidate Information Bulletin:
Exam Scheduling – Exam Content – Testing Center Locations
- Electrician Licensee Search Tool:
Check Electrical License Status
- Maryland Master Electrician License Application
For approval by the Maryland State Board of Master Electricians
Use your codebook to answer the following Maryland Electrician Certification Exam questions.
- PASS –If you correctly answer twenty+ of these free MD electrician exam practice questions, great job!
- FAIL – If you miss four or more questions, order this course and learn to pass your MD Electrician Exam.
Use the 2017 (NEC) National Electrical Code) to solve these MD electrical certification exam practice questions.