Pass Your Kentucky Journeyman / Master Electrician Exam!
When you need to pass your Kentucky Journeyman or Master electrician license exam, order this course!
Licenses issued by examination.
Our electrical license course thoroughly prepares you to pass your Kentucky Electrical License exam.
Get your Kentucky Journeyman Electrician or Master Electrician License.
Pass Your Kentucky Journeyman, or Master Electrician Exam the First Time You Test!
How? Because TLC Works! Our programs are among the most successful, comprehensive, and affordable training and exam preparation programs available anywhere.
The key to your success while using our program is a 22-lesson breakdown of our curriculum, designed to maximize your learning & retention potential. When you follow our curriculum, you WILL PASS your exam!
We provide a comprehensive strategy to pass the Kentucky electrician exam by teaching you how to “navigate” the 2017 NEC. You will quickly become an expert at finding the answers to exam questions rapidly and accurately.
Why choose TLC? to help pass the Electrician exam? Because your time is too valuable to choose anyone else!
Five Reasons to Enlist TLC to help you PASS YOUR KENTUCKY ELECTRICAL LICENSE EXAM.
- TLC has fifteen years of experience educating electricians on navigating the code and passing state-required electrician tests. We are experts at helping electricians pass the electrical exam!
- A+ Rated with the BBB. Our Programs Work, we have never received a complaint. Check us out!
- Our eTextbooks and online study center contain over 1300 multiple choice questions taken directly from the 2017 NEC (the basis of the Kentucky electrician test), as well as dozens of timed simulated full-length practice exams.
- We guarantee that YOU WILL PASS YOUR EXAM! If you don’t pass your Kentucky Electrician exam after two attempts, We offer a full refund.
- We have a 98% Pass Rate! Our students pass the exam. In fact, out of the 3000+ electricians that have used our study courses, less than 50 failed to pass on the first try.
OUR STUDENTS PASS, we guarantee it! Our students enjoy a 98% pass rate!
Consultants are available at 866-685-8564 – Mon-Fri 7 am to 10 pm pts, to answer any of your questions.
Each student has access to the following online study guides and online study questions, and timed full-length simulated exams.
Basic Electrical Theory – eBook
- AC Current
- Simple AC Current Calculations
- AC Phase
- Phase Rotation
- Single Phase Power Systems
- Three-Phase Power Systems
- Three Phase Y and Delta Configurations
- Measurements AC Magnitude
- Power in Resistive and Reactive AC Circuits
- Calculating Power Factor
- Practical Power Factor Correction
- Kirchhoff’s law
Supplemental Study – eBook
- Ohms Law
- Schematic Reading
- Wire Color Codes
- Electronic Symbols
- Electrical Diagrams
- Digital Multimeters
Navigating the 2017 NEC – eBook
- How to quickly reference the NEC
- Code reference speed drills
- Table of Contents
- Layout and structure of the codebook
- How to use the Index
- TLC System for answering test questions
- Keyword Identification – How to identify the subject of a question
- Example questions are broken down for your review.
- Practice questions with answers fully mapped out.
Online Study Center – Study Questions and Practice Exams
Access Study Questions and Simulated Exams From Any Device With Internet Access!
These questions provide the framework for you to practice locating the answers to exam questions through the use of the 2017 NEC Codebook. The process of constantly utilizing the codebook to answer practice questions will build up the speed and code knowledge you need to successfully pass your electrical exam.
Four modes of study!
- Study Mode: This covers over 1300 Kentucky electrical exam questions and answers within our course. (Organized as Question – Answer – Code Location)
- General Trade Knowledge Questions (General electrical questions not in the code)
- Blueprint Reading Questions
- Calculation Questions (Load Calculations, Conduit Fill, etc.)
- 2017 NEC Code Questions
- Flashcard Mode: Online Virtual Flashcards provide randomized access to our entire question set, an ideal setting to practice exam questions. (Organized as Question – Answer – Code Location)
- Chapter Tests: Provide real-time feedback on each section of our study materials, enabling you to concentrate on sections that need improvement.
- Simulated Final Exams: Simulates the taking of your Journeyman or Master Electrician exam.
- Full length (Exact number of questions)
- Timed (Exact same amount of time allowed)
- Randomized (Questions are randomized; all exams are unique)
- Properly Balanced (Balanced according to the Candidate Information Bulletin guaranteeing a realistic exam simulation)
Take as many simulated final exams as you want! (These exams help you to gain the knowledge, speed, and confidence needed to pass your electrical exam effortlessly)
One year online access: Full access membership to our online study center. Experience the convenience of learning at home or in the office, saving valuable travel time to an in-person course.
Our program is a reliable, affordable way to prepare for the Kentucky Electrician Exam.
This program requires a copy of the 2017 (NEC) National Electric Code. If you do not own a copy of the codebook, you should acquire one immediately!
Frequently Asked Questions
Please check with your State or Local Board for current information. Licensing requirements change, and our site may not have been updated to reflect those changes.
QUESTION: Who is required to have a Kentucky Journeyman/Master Electrician license?
ANSWER: The Kentucky Licensing Branch must license any individual who is engaged in the electrical contracting business or is performing work as an Electrical Contractor, Electrical Journeyman, or a Master Electrician.
QUESTION: What are the qualifications required for taking the exam?
Applicants for the Electrician license must demonstrate a minimum of six years of work experience. Either four years of work experience and completion of an approved training program (at least 576 hours of classroom training) or an additional two years of work experience.
Applicants for the Master Electrician license must demonstrate a minimum of eight years of work experience. Either six years of work experience and completion of an approved training program (at least 576 hours of classroom training) or an additional two years of work experience.
QUESTION: How do I sign up for the exam?
ANSWER: You must fill out and submit the Individual Examination Application form to the Kentucky Department of Housing, Buildings, and Construction to be approved to take the exam.
QUESTION: How long is the exam?
ANSWER: Depends on the 3rd party testing center below you will find the links you take your exam
The journeyman exam consists of 80 multiple-choice questions. The exam is open-book with authorized materials and computer-based.
ANSWER: The Master Electrician exam consists of 100 multiple-choice questions. The exam is open-book with authorized materials and computer-based.
QUESTION: Why should someone study this course if the journeyman license exam is an open-book test?
ANSWER: The electrical certification test is a very challenging exam and usually requires a month or more preparation to pass.
The 2017 NEC is a large and complex publication containing over 800 pages of code. It is challenging to locate each correct article and answer in the time allowed during the exam without thorough preparation.
Our course is designed to familiarize you with the 2017 NEC. You will know precisely how to find the correct answers in the code when you take your exam.
We prepare you to pass your exam successfully by providing extensive knowledge of the code structure and thoroughly covering each subject appearing on your Kentucky Electrical License Exam.
QUESTION: Why is a copy of the 2017 NEC required by this course?
ANSWER: The Kentucky Electrical License Exam is based on the 2017 NEC. This course is an excellent study companion to the 2017 NEC. This course makes frequent references to code sections and guides you through the exam topics.
The KY Electrical Journeyman License Exam is an open-book code exam. To pass, you must continuously reference the 2017 National Electrical Code.
The following codebooks are permitted to be brought into the testing center.
- The NFPA 70 – National Electrical Code, 2017 Edition.
- Ugly’s Electrical References – 2017
QUESTION: What can I bring into the testing center?
ANSWER: Please refer to the appropriate Candidate Information Bulletin Below
QUESTION: Where do I go to take my exam?
ANSWER: Please refer to the appropriate Candidate Information Bulletin Below
Journeyman/Master Electrician Applications:
- Individual Examination Application.
For Approval by The State Of Kentucky Public Protection Cabinet Department of Housing, Buildings, and Construction.
General Information Links:
- Journeyman/Master Licensing – Candidate Information Bulletins
- Electrician Licensee Search Tool:
Check Electrician Certification Status
Use your codebook to answer the following Kentucky Electrician Certification Exam questions.
- PASS –If you correctly answer twenty+ of these free KY electrician exam practice questions, great job!
- FAIL – If you miss four or more questions, order this course and learn to pass your KY Electrician Exam.
Use the 2017 (NEC) National Electrical Code) to solve these KY electrical certification exam practice questions.