Pass The Missouri Journeyman or Master Electrician Exam!
IF YOU ARE TAKING THE MISSOURI JOURNEYMAN ELECTRICIAN OR MASTER ELECTRICIAN EXAM, YOU NEED THIS COURSE!
MISSOURI JOURNEYMAN ELECTRICIAN & MASTER ELECTRICIAN LICENSE: Jefferson City, Kansas City, St. Louis
Journeyman and Master Electrician licenses are issued by examination on the local level.
A Journeyman electrician applicant must typically posess a minimum of four years (8,000 hours) of experience working in the trade.
A Master Electrician must work at the journeyman level for a minimum of two years (4000 hours).
Applicants must check with the local county in which they wish to become licensed and provide appropriate documentation and proof of experience, subject to the specific rules of each county.
Get Licensed! Local Missouri law requires all working electricians to be licensed if performing work as a Journeyman Electrician or as a Master Electrician. If you do not possess a current Electrician certification card, you may be working illegally.
Complete the appropriate application and submit it to your local Electrical Contractors Board ASAP. Applications are reviewed quarterly. Once your application is accepted, you have 90 days from the approval date to take your exam.
Pass St Louis or Kansas City Missouri Electrical Certification exam and work legally in those cities as an electrician. Local municipalities adopt their own code. There is no state-wide code.
Fines range over $2500 per instance and can potentially block you from being able to test for five years.
PASS YOUR MISSOURI JOURNEYMAN, OR MASTER ELECTRICIAN EXAM THE FIRST TIME YOU TEST!
Our Journeyman Electrical Certification study course will thoroughly prepare you to pass your Missouri Electrical Certification exam the first time you test.
How? Because TLC Works! Our programs are among the most successful, comprehensive, and affordable training and exam preparation programs available anywhere.
The key to your success while using our program is a 22-lesson breakdown of our curriculum, designed to maximize your learning & retention potential. When you follow our curriculum, you WILL PASS your exam!
We provide a comprehensive strategy to pass the Missouri electrician exam by teaching you how to “navigate” the 2014 NEC. You will quickly become an expert at finding the answers to exam questions rapidly and accurately.
Why choose TLC? to help pass the Electrician exam? Because your time is too valuable to choose anyone else!
Five Reasons to Enlist TLC to help you PASS YOUR Missouri ELECTRICAL LICENSE EXAM.
- TLC has fifteen years of experience educating electricians on navigating the code and passing state-required electrician tests. We are experts at helping electricians pass the electrical exam!
- A+ Rated with the BBB. Our Programs Work, we have never received a complaint. Check us out!
- Our eTextbooks and online study center contain over 1200 multiple choice questions taken directly from the 2014 NEC (the basis of the Missouri electrician test), as well as dozens of timed simulated full-length practice exams.
- We guarantee that YOU WILL PASS YOUR EXAM! If you don’t pass your Missouri Electrician exam after two attempts, We offer a full refund.
- We have a 98% Pass Rate! Our students pass the exam. In fact, out of the 3000+ electricians that have used our study courses, less than 50 failed to pass on the first try.
OUR STUDENTS PASS, we guarantee it! Our students enjoy a 98% pass rate!
Consultants are available at 866-685-8564 – Mon-Fri 7 am to 10 pm pts, to answer any of your questions.
Each student has access to the following online study guides and online study questions, and timed full-length simulated exams.
Basic Electrical Theory – eBook
- AC Current
- Simple AC Current Calculations
- AC Phase
- Phase Rotation
- Single-Phase Power Systems
- Three-Phase Power Systems
- Three-Phase Y and Delta Configurations
- Measurements AC Magnitude
- Power in Resistive and Reactive AC Circuits
- Calculating Power Factor
- Practical Power Factor Correction
- Kirchhoff’s law
Supplemental Study – eBook
- Ohms Law
- Schematic Reading
- Wire Color Codes
- Electronic Symbols
- Electrical Diagrams
- Digital Multimeters
Breakdown of the 2014 NEC – eBook
- How to quickly reference the NEC
- Code reference speed drills
- Table of Contents
- Layout and structure of the codebook
- How to use the Index
- TLC System for answering test questions
- Keyword Identification – How to identify the subject of a question
- Example questions are broken down for your review.
- Practice questions with answers fully mapped out.
ONLINE STUDY CENTER – Practice Exams & Study Questions
STUDY MODE | FLASH CARD MODE | CHAPTER TESTS | SIMULATED FINAL EXAMS
Access Study Questions and Simulated Exams From Any Device With Internet Access! Online features include 1300+ practice questions, virtual flashcards, chapter exams, and unlimited simulated final exams.
These questions provide the framework for you to practice locating the answers to exam questions through the use of the 2014 NEC Codebook. The process of constantly utilizing the codebook to answer practice questions will build up the speed and code knowledge you need to pass your electrical exam successfully.
Four Modes of study!
- STUDY MODE This mode covers all Missouri electrical exam questions and answers within our course. (Organized as Question – Answer – Code Location.)
- GENERAL TRADE KNOWLEDGE QUESTIONS (General electrical questions not in the code)
- BLUEPRINT READING QUESTIONS
- CALCULATION QUESTIONS (Load Calculations, Conduit Fill, etc.)
- 2014 NEC CODE QUESTIONS
- FLASHCARD MODE: Online Virtual Flashcards provide randomized access to our entire question set, an ideal setting to practice exam questions. (Organized as Question – Answer – Code Location)
- CHAPTER TESTS: Provide real-time feedback on each section of our study materials, enabling you to concentrate on sections that need improvement.
- SIMULATED FINAL EXAMS: Simulates the taking of your actual PSI Electrician exam.
Simulated Finals Are:
- FULL LENGTH (Same number of questions)
- TIMED (Same amount of time allowed)
- RANDOMIZED (Questions are randomized; all exams are unique.)
- PROPERLY BALANCED (Balanced according to the Candidate Information Bulletin guaranteeing a realistic exam simulation.)
Take as many Simulated Final Exams as you Want! ( These exams help you to gain the knowledge and confidence needed to pass your electrical exam effortlessly)
ONE YEAR ONLINE ACCESS: 1-year full access membership to our Online Study Center. Conveniently study in your home or office without wasting valuable time traveling to distant classes. Our program is a reliable and affordable way to pass your Missouri Journeyman and Master Electrician Exam at home and online.
THIS PROGRAM REQUIRES YOU TO HAVE A COPY OF THE 2014 (NEC) NATIONAL ELECTRIC CODE. IF YOU DO NOT OWN A COPY OF THE CODEBOOK, YOU SHOULD ACQUIRE ONE IMMEDIATELY.
Frequently Asked Questions
Please check with your State or Local Board for current information. Licensing requirements change, and our site may not have been updated to reflect those changes.
QUESTION: Who is required to have a Missouri Journeyman/Master Electrician license?
ANSWER: If your local city and/or county regulation requires a license for any individual engaged in the electrical contracting business or is performing work as an Electrical Contractor, Master Electrician, or Electrical Journeyman.
QUESTION: What are the qualifications required for taking the exam?
ANSWER: Applicants must demonstrate a minimum number of hours of experience, showing the necessary qualifications, training, and technical knowledge to install electrical wiring, apparatus or equipment, light, heat, or power. Also, a substantial part of the work performed must have been commercial, industrial, or residential.
QUESTION: How do I sign up for the exam?
ANSWER: You must contact your local city or county for the application and submit the completed Journeyman/Master Electrician Licence Application form to the same county you received it from to be approved to take the exam.
Applications are processed quarterly. You must take the exam within 90 days of final approval.
A third-party testing center administers the exam.
QUESTION: How long is the exam?
ANSWER: The Master Electrician exam consists of 100 multiple-choice questions. Test takers have 5 hours to complete the exam. The exam is open-book with authorized materials and computer-based.
The Journeyman Electrician exam consists of 80 multiple-choice questions. Test takers have 4 hours to complete the exam. The exam is open-book with authorized materials and computer-based.
The exam covers the following subjects:
- General Electrical Knowledge
- Service, Feeders, and Branch Circuits
- Grounding and Bonding
- Conductors and Cables
- Raceway and Boxes
- Special Occupancies and Equipment
- Electrical Power
- Low Voltage
- Illuminated Signs
- Fire Detection and Alarm Systems
- Safety Information
- Overcurrent protection
QUESTION: Why should someone study this course if the journeyman license exam is an open-book test?
ANSWER: The electrical certification test is a very challenging exam and usually requires a month or more preparation to pass.
The 2014 NEC is a large and complex publication containing over 1000 pages of code. It is challenging to locate each correct article and answer in the time allowed during the exam without thorough preparation.
Our course is designed to familiarize you with the 2014 NEC. You will know precisely how to find the correct answers in the code when you take your exam.
We prepare you to pass your exam successfully by providing extensive knowledge of the code structure and thoroughly covering each subject appearing on your Missouri Electrical License Exam.
QUESTION: Why is a copy of the 2014 NEC required by this course?
ANSWER: The Missouri Electrical License Exam is based on the 2014 NEC. This course is an excellent study companion to the 2014 NEC. This course makes frequent references to code sections and guides you through the exam topics.
The Electrical Journeyman License Exam is an open-book code exam. To pass, you must continuously reference the 2014 National Electrical Code.
The following codebooks are permitted to be brought into the testing center.
- The NFPA 70 – National Electrical Code, 2014 Edition.
QUESTION: What can I bring into the testing center?
- Pencils. (Paper/pencil testing only)
- Calculator. Only simple 4-function calculators are permitted. PDAs, cell phones, or other special calculators (i.e., ElectriCalc, etc.) are not allowed.
Approved References are addressed in your Candidate Information Bulletin for your testing facility.
QUESTION: Where do I go to take my exam?
ANSWER: For a complete listing, refer to your Candidate Information Bulletin.
GENERAL INFORMATION ABOUT THE EXAM:
The Missouri Master Electrician exam is an open-book examination. Approved reference materials are allowed during the exam. You will be permitted entry with any approved reference materials.
The Missouri Journeyman Electrician exam is an open book multiple-choice exam. You will have four choices per question. Some questions may require mathematical computation.
All exam questions are written to provide only one BEST answer and NOT written as trick questions.
Journeyman Electrician Applications:
- Journeyman/Master Application.
FOR APPROVAL BY your local city or county office.
General Information Links:
- Journeyman/Master Electrician Licensing – Candidate Information Bulletin:
EXAM SCHEDULING – EXAM CONTENT – TESTING CENTER LOCATIONS
Use your codebook to answer the following Missouri Electrician Certification Exam questions.
- PASS –If you correctly answer twenty+ of these free MO electrician exam practice questions, great job!
- FAIL – If you miss four or more questions, order this course and learn to pass your MO Electrician Exam.
Use the 2014 (NEC) National Electrical Code) to solve these MO electrical certification exam practice questions.