PASS THE CALIFORNIA ELECTRICIAN CERTIFICATION EXAM!
IF YOU NEED YOUR CALIFORNIA ELECTRICAL CERTIFICATION CARD, ORDER THIS COURSE!
GENERAL ELECTRICIAN CERTIFICATION – If you possess over 8000 hrs of COMMERCIAL or INDUSTRIAL electrical experience, you are qualified to take the California General Electrician Certification Exam
RESIDENTIAL ELECTRICIAN CERTIFICATION – If you possess over 4800 hrs of RESIDENTIAL electrical experience, you qualify to take the California Residential Electrician Certification Exam.
Get your Certified California Electrician Card. Pass your Exam!
Enhance your career as a certified electrician. Certified electricians command higher pay and enjoy greater job security. Any electrician making connections greater than 100-volt amps working for a C-10 Contractor must be certified or operating illegally. Any uncertified electrician claiming to be certified can be prohibited from taking the certification exam for seven (7) years.
IF YOU ARE TAKING THE CALIFORNIA CERTIFIED ELECTRICIAN EXAM, THIS COURSE WILL TEACH YOU HOW TO PASS YOUR EXAM THE FIRST TIME YOU TEST
How? Because TLC Works: Our programs are among the most successful, comprehensive, and affordable training and exam preparation programs available anywhere.
We provide a comprehensive strategy to pass the CA Electrical Certification exam and “navigate” the 2017 NEC. You will quickly become an expert at finding the answers to exam questions rapidly and accurately.
Your Success is Guaranteed! Use our course to study for your exam; if you fail to pass after two attempts, You can request a full refund. (Click for details)
Why choose TLC? to help pass the Electrician exam? Because your time is too valuable to choose anyone else!
Five Reasons to Enlist TLC to help pass your California Journeyman Exam.
- TLC has fifteen years of experience educating electricians on navigating the code and passing state-required electrician tests. We are experts at helping California electricians pass the general and residential electrical exam!
- A+ Rated with the BBB. Our programs work; we have never received a complaint. Check us out!
- Our online study center contains over 1300 multiple choice questions taken directly from the 2017 NEC (the basis of the California state test), as well as dozens of timed simulated full-length practice exams.
- We guarantee YOU WILL PASS YOUR EXAM! TLC was the first 32 Hour ONLINE continuing education school in California. We are the ONLY one that offers both Journeyman Exam Test Preparation and Online Continuing Education.
- We have a 98% Pass Rate! Our students pass the exam. In fact, out of the 3000+ electricians that have used our study courses, less than 50 failed to pass on the first try.
THE CALIFORNIA ELECTRICAL CERTIFICATION EXAM IS AN EXTREMELY DIFFICULT EXAM WITH A VERY HIGH FAILURE RATE.
As shown by the table above, The Electrical Certification Exam is an exceedingly difficult exam with a very high failure rate. You are permitted to take the exam up to 6 times per original application. You must wait for two months between test dates and pay the State an additional $100 per attempt.
OUR STUDENTS PASS, we guarantee it! Our students enjoy a 98%+ pass rate!
Consultants are available at 866-685-8564 – Mon-Fri 7 am to 10 pm PST to answer any of your questions.
Each student has access to the following online study guides as well as online study questions and timed full-length simulated exams.
Basic Electrical Theory – eBook
- AC Current
- Simple AC Current Calculations
- AC Phase
- Phase Rotation
- Single-Phase Power Systems
- Three-Phase Power Systems
- Three-Phase Y and Delta Configurations
- Measurements AC Magnitude
- Power in Resistive and Reactive AC Circuits
- Calculating Power Factor
- Practical Power Factor Correction
- Kirchhoff’s law.
Supplemental Study – eBook
- Ohms Law Tutorial
- Prints & Specifications Tutorial
- Wire Color Codes
- Electronic Symbols
- Electrical Diagrams
- Digital Multimeters
Navigating the 2017 NEC – eBook
- How to quickly reference the NEC
- Code reference speed drills
- Table of Contents
- Layout and structure of the codebook
- How to use the Index
- TLC System for answering test questions
- Keyword Identification – How to identify the subject of a question
- Example questions are broken down for your review
- Practice questions with answers fully mapped out
An introduction to the NFPA 70E – eBook
- About NFPA 70E
- Purpose of NFPA 70E
- Table of Contents
- NFPA 70E Brief Overview
An introduction to the Cal OSHA Safety Guide – eBook
- How to quickly reference the Cal OSHA Safety Guide
- Table of Contents – (As applied to electrical)
- Layout and structure of the codebook
- Cal Osha Brief Overview
ONLINE STUDY CENTER – Study Questions and Practice Exams
STUDY MODE | FLASH CARD MODE | CHAPTER TESTS | SIMULATED FINAL EXAMS
Access Study Questions and Simulated Exams From Any Device With Internet Access! Online features include 1300+ practice questions, virtual flashcards, chapter exams, and unlimited simulated final exams.
These questions provide the framework for you to practice locating the answers to exam questions through the use of the 2017 NEC Codebook. The process of constantly utilizing the codebook to answer practice questions will build up the speed and code knowledge you need to successfully pass your electrical exam.
Four Modes of study!
- STUDY MODE This mode covers all California electrical exam questions and answers within our course. (Organized as Question – Answer – Code Location.)
- GENERAL TRADE KNOWLEDGE QUESTIONS (General electrical questions not in the code)
- BLUEPRINT READING QUESTIONS
- CALCULATION QUESTIONS (Load Calculations, Conduit Fill, etc.)
- 2017 NEC CODE QUESTIONS
- FLASHCARD MODE: Online Virtual Flashcards provide randomized access to our entire question set, an ideal setting to practice exam questions. (Organized as Question – Answer – Code Location)
- CHAPTER TESTS: Provide real-time feedback on each section of our study materials, enabling you to concentrate on sections that need improvement.
- SIMULATED FINAL EXAMS: Simulates the taking of your actual PSI Electrician exam.
Simulated Finals Are:
- FULL LENGHT (Exact same number of questions)
- TIMED (Exact same amount of time allowed)
- RANDOMIZED (Questions are randomized; all exams are unique.)
- PROPERLY BALANCED (Balanced according to the Candidate Information Bulletin guaranteeing a realistic exam simulation.)
Take as Many Simulated Final Exams as you Want! ( These exams help you to gain the knowledge and confidence needed to pass your electrical exam effortlessly)
ONE YEAR ONLINE ACCESS: Full access membership to our online study center. Experience the convenience of learning at home, or in the office, saving valuable travel time to an in-person course.
Our program is a reliable, affordable way to prepare for the California Electrician Exam.
THIS PROGRAM REQUIRES YOU TO HAVE A COPY OF THE 2017 (NEC) NATIONAL ELECTRIC CODE. IF YOU DO NOT OWN A COPY OF THE CODEBOOK, YOU SHOULD ACQUIRE ONE IMMEDIATELY
QUESTION: Who is required to have a California certified electrician license.?
ANSWER: Any electrician working for a C10 Electrical contractor who uses the tools and makes a 100 volt-amps or higher connection must be certified.
Rules for who is required to be certified are found in Labor Code section 108.2 (b), Labor Code section 108 (c)
QUESTION: I am a C-10 Contractor. Do I have to be certified?
ANSWER: No, and Yes.
No, you do not need to be certified if you are a sole owner and hold the C10 license under your name, and you are performing the work directly under that license.
Yes, you must be certified if you work for another C-10 contractor and are working and paid as an employee.
For example, if you are paid to your social security number vs. being paid to your contractor’s license number, you must also be certified.
QUESTION: What are the qualifications required for taking the exam?
ANSWER: You must have either;
– Full-length formal apprenticeship training *
– On the job experience **
See CCR Title 8 Regulations § 291.1 Eligibility for Certification. for complete details.
*APPRENTICESHIP TRAINING: You must have completed a formal apprenticeship program approved by the California Apprenticeship Council, the federal Bureau of Apprenticeship Training, or an approved State apprenticeship council authorized by the federal Bureau of Apprenticeship Training, in the classification for which certification is sought.
** ON THE JOB EXPERIENCE:
- General Electrician: “The master license” must have over 8000 Hrs (4 yrs) of work experience with a C10 contractor maintaining, installing, or constructing residential and commercial or industrial electrical systems covered by the NEC.
“Anyone holding general electrician certification can perform work as a General Electrician; Residential Electrician; Voice Data Video Technician; or Non-Residential Lighting Technician.”
- Residential Electrician: Must have 4800 Hrs (2+ yrs) of work experience with a C10 contractor maintaining, installing, or constructing residential electrical systems covered by the NEC.
- Fire Life Safety Technician; Must have 4000 Hrs (2 yrs) of work experience with a C10 contractor maintaining, installing, or constructing residential electrical systems as covered by Article 760 of the NEC. Additionally, you must have NICET certification in fire alarm systems at Level II or above.
QUESTION: How do I sign up for the exam?
ANSWER: A third-party testing center, PSI administers the exam. You can contact PSI to schedule your exam at (800) 733-9267 4:30 am to 7 pm Mon-Fri or between 6: am to 2:30 pm Saturday (Pacific Time)
QUESTION: Why should someone study this course if the certification exam is an open-book test?
ANSWER: The electrical certification test is a very challenging exam and usually requires a month or more preparation to pass. Every contractor we have interviewed, holding both a C-10 license and the Electrical Certification card, said passing their C10 Contractors exam was easy compared to passing their California Electrical Certification exam.
The 2017 NEC is a large and complex publication containing 874 pages of code. It is challenging to locate each correct article and answer in the time allowed during the exam without thorough preparation.
Our course is designed to familiarize you with the 2017 NEC. You will know precisely how to find the correct answers in the code.
We prepare you for exam success by providing extensive knowledge of the code’s structure and thoroughly covering each subject appearing on your CA Electrical Certification Exam.
QUESTION: Why is a copy of the 2017 NEC required by this course?
ANSWER: The California Electrical Certification Exam is based on the 2017 NEC. This course is an excellent study companion to the 2017 NEC. This course makes frequent references to code sections and guides you through the exam topics.
The Ca Electrical Certification Exam is an open-book code exam. To pass, you must continuously reference the 2017 National Electrical Code.
The following codebooks are provided to you by the testing center.
- The NFPA 70 – National Electrical Code, 2017 Edition.
- the NFPA 70E – Standard for Electrical Safety in the Workplace
- the CAL/OSHA – Pocket Guide for the Construction Industry, updated 2015
QUESTION: How do I apply to take the exam?
ANSWER: You are required to fill out and submit the Application for Electrician Examination & Certification. Please print and fill it out as accurately as possible. Your signature is proof that all listed hours of experience are as accurate as possible.
You are also required to provide a copy of the SSA Form 7050 Employment History Report with your application.
“NOTE: Do not order this report online. It can take up to 6 months for you to receive it. Instead, walk into your local Social Security office and pick it up in-person over the counter.”
QUESTION: Where do I go to take my exam?
ANSWER: PSI maintains 22 testing locations across California. Also, out of state testing locations are found in Oregon and Nevada.
To see a complete listing of all locations, reference pages 2-4 of the Electrical Certification Candidate Information Bulletin (CIB)
GENERAL INFORMATION ABOUT THE EXAM:
The California General Electrician exam is a closed-book examination. No reference materials are allowed during the exam. You will not be permitted entry with any reference materials.
The Exam – the California General Electrician exam is an open book 100 question exam (for General Electrician) four-choice multiple-choice exam. You will have four choices per question. Some questions may require mathematical computation.
All exam questions are written to provide only one BEST answer and NOT written as trick questions.
To cancel or reschedule your exam, contact PSI at least two days before your exam date. PSI maintains 22 testing locations across California. Also, out of state testing locations are found in Oregon and Nevada.
To see a complete listing of all testing locations, reference pages 2-4 of the Electrical Certification Candidate Information Bulletin (CIB)
Please Click https://www.dir.ca.gov/DLSE/ECU/ECU_FAQ.htm for a complete list of DIR Electrical Certification FAQs.
If you previously passed your Electrician Certification Exam but failed to complete your continuing education before your renewal deadline, use the RENEWAL APPLICATION FOR ELECTRICIAN CERTIFICATION form DLSE-ECF6 (10/2015)
General Information Links:
- Electrical Certification Candidate Information Bulletin:
EXAM SCHEDULING – EXAM CONTENT – TESTING CENTER LOCATIONS
- DIRECTIONS FOR COMPLETING APPLICATION FOR ELECTRICIAN CERTIFICATION EXAM:
HOW TO PROPERLY FILL OUT YOUR CERTIFICATION EXAM APPLICATION
- DAS Website:
DEPARTMENT OF APPRENTICESHIP STANDARDS
- Electrician Certification Status Search Tool:
CHECK ELECTRICIAN CERTIFICATION STATUS
- Current List of California Certified Electricians:
ALL CERTIFIED ELECTRICIANS IN CALIFORNIA
- Electrician Certification Program Statistics:
CURRENT PASS/FAILURE RATE FOR CALIFORNIA ELECTRICAL CERTIFICATION EXAM
Use your codebook to answer the following CA Electrician Certification Exam questions.
- PASS –If you correctly answer twenty+ of these free Ca electrician exam practice questions, great job!
- FAIL – If you miss four or more questions order this course and learn to pass your CA Electrician Exam.
Use the 2017 (NEC) National Electrical Code) to solve these CA electrical certification exam practice questions.
2017 NEC SOFTCOVER
The 2017 edition of this trusted Code presents the latest comprehensive regulations for electrical wiring, overcurrent protection, grounding, and equipment installation. Major additions reflect the continuing growth in renewable power technology. Other NEC revisions protect the public and workers from deadly hazards.
Work with the latest requirements governing public and private buildings, homes, structures, outdoor yards and lots; utility equipment; installations connecting to the power grid; and consumer-owned power generation systems and equipment.
The 2017 NEC is better aligned with the safe work practices in NFPA 70E: Standard for Electrical Safety in the Workplace. (Softbound, 888 pp., 2017)