Pass Your Montana Electrical License Exam!
When you need to pass your Montana electrician license exam, order this course!
Licenses issued by examination.
Our electrical license course thoroughly prepares you to pass your Montana Electricians License exam.
Get your Montana Master, Journeyman, or Residential Electricians License.
If you are taking the Montana Master, Journeyman, or Residential Electricians Exam this course will teach you how to pass your exam the first time you test.
How? Because TLC Works! Our programs are among the most successful, comprehensive, and affordable training and exam preparation programs available anywhere.
The key to your success while using our program is a 22-lesson breakdown of our curriculum, designed to maximize your learning & retention potential. If you follow our curriculum, you WILL PASS your exam!
We provide a comprehensive strategy to pass any of the Montana Electrician exams, by teaching you how to “navigate” the 2017 NEC. You will quickly become an expert at finding the answers to exam questions rapidly and accurately.
Why choose TLC to help pass the electrician exam? Because your time is too valuable to choose anyone else!
Five Reasons to Enlist TLC to Ensure you Pass your Montana Master, Journeyman, or Residential Electricians Exam.
- TLC has fifteen years of experience educating electricians on how to navigate the code and pass state-required electrician tests. We are experts at helping electricians pass the electrical exam!
- A+ Rated with the BBB. Our Program Works, we have never received a complaint. Check us out!
- Our eTextbooks and online study center contain over 1300 multiple choice questions taken directly from the 2017 NEC (the basis of the Montana State test), as well as dozens of timed simulated full-length practice exams.
- We guarantee that YOU WILL PASS YOUR EXAM! If you don’t pass your Montana Electricians exam after two attempts, We offer a full refund.
- We have a 98% Pass Rate! Our students pass the exam. In fact, out of the 3000+ electricians that have used our study courses, less than 50 failed to pass on the first try.
Our students pass, we guarantee it! Our students enjoy a 98% pass rate!
Consultants are available at 866-685-8564 – Mon-Fri 7 am to 10 pm pst to answer any of your questions.
Each student has access to the following online e-books and online study center for one year.
Basic Electrical Theory – eBook
- AC Current
- Simple AC Current Calculations
- AC Phase
- Phase Rotation
- Single-Phase Power Systems
- Three-Phase Power Systems
- Three-Phase Y and Delta Configurations
- Measurements AC Magnitude
- Power in Resistive and Reactive AC Circuits
- Calculating Power Factor
- Practical Power Factor Correction
- Kirchhoff’s law.
Supplemental Study Guides – eBook
- Ohms Law Tutorial
- Prints & Specifications Tutorial
- Wire Color Codes
- Electronic Symbols
- Electrical Diagrams
- Digital Multimeters
Navigating the 2017 NEC – eBook
- How to quickly reference the NEC
- Code reference speed drills
- Table of Contents
- Layout and structure of the codebook
- How to use the Index
- TLC System for answering test questions
- Keyword Identification – How to identify the subject of a question
- Example questions are broken down for your review
- Practice questions with answers fully mapped out
Online Study Center – Study Questions and Practice Exams
Access Study Questions and Simulated Exams From Any Device With Internet Access!
These questions provide the framework for you to practice locating the answers to exam questions through the use of the 2017 NEC Codebook. The process of constantly utilizing the codebook to answer practice questions will build up the speed and code knowledge you need to successfully pass your electricians exam.
Four modes of study!
- Study Mode: This covers over 1300 Montana Electricians exam questions and answers within our course. (Organized as Question – Answer – Code Location)
- General Trade Knowledge Questions (General electrical questions not in the code)
- Blueprint Reading Questions
- Calculation Questions (Load Calculations, Conduit Fill, etc.)
- 2017 NEC Code Questions
- Flashcard Mode: Online Virtual Flashcards provide randomized access to our entire question set, an ideal setting to practice exam questions. (Organized as Question – Answer – Code Location)
- Chapter Tests: Provide real-time feedback on each section of our study materials, enabling you to concentrate on sections that need improvement.
- Simulated Final Exams: Simulates the taking of your Master, Journeyman, or Residential Electrician exam.
- Full length (Exact number of questions)
- Timed (Exact same amount of time allowed)
- Randomized (Questions are randomized, all exams are unique)
- Properly Balanced (Balanced according to the Candidate Information Bulletin guaranteeing a realistic exam simulation)
Take as many simulated final exams as you want! (These exams help you to gain the knowledge, speed, and confidence needed to pass your electrical exam effortlessly)
One year online access: Full access membership to our online study center. Experience the convenience of learning at home, or in office, saving valuable travel time to an in-person course.
Our program is a reliable, affordable way to prepare for the Montana Electricians Exam.
This program requires a copy of the 2017 (NEC) National Electric Code. If you do not own a copy of the codebook, you should acquire one immediately!
Frequently Asked Questions
QUESTION: Who is required to have a Montana State Electricians License?
ANSWER: All individuals engaged as electricians performing work, must be licensed by the Montana State Electrical Board.
QUESTION: How much experience is required by the State of Montana to become a licensed Master, Journeyman, or Residential Electrician?
Master Electrician applicants must have written evidence of being a graduate as an electrical engineer and prove a minimum of 2,000 hours of practical experience or 8,000 hours of Journeyman experience.
Journeyman Electrician applicants must prove a minimum of 8,000 hours of practical experience or have worked in the electrical field for at least 20,000 hours certified by an employer, or proof of completion of an approved inside wireman apprenticeship program in the electrical trade or completion of a training program conducted by a union or trade association.
Residential Electrician applicants must prove a minimum of 4,000 hours of practical experience or, proof of completion of an approved residential apprenticeship program in the electrical trade or completion of a training program conducted by a union or trade association.
QUESTION: How do I sign up for the Montana Master, Journeyman, or Residential Electrician License exams?
ANSWER: All candidates must register, fill out, and submit a Master, Journeyman, or Residential Electrician License application form on the Montana State Electrical Board website for approval to sit the exam. Alternatively, a paper application can be downloaded and printed from the state website.
QUESTION: What content is included in the exam, how many questions are there, and how much time do I have to complete it?
ANSWER: The Master, Journeyman, and Residential license exams differ in length. Please refer to the PSI Exams Candidate Information Bulletin.
QUESTION: Why study TLC’s course if the Master, Journeyman, and Residential Electrician license exams are open book?
ANSWER: The electrical license exam is complex. It can require at least a month of study and preparation to pass.
The 2017 NEC is a publication containing over 800 pages of complex code. Through TLC’s course, locating the correct answer within the time allowed during the exam will be mastered.
TLC prepares you to successfully pass your exam by providing extensive instruction on the structure of the code, each subject appearing in your Montana Electricians License Exam is broadly covered.
QUESTION: Why is a copy of the 2017 NEC required for this course?
ANSWER: Montana State Electrician License exams are based on the 2017 NEC. TLC’s proven companion course will guide you through frequent references to critical code. Preparing you for your upcoming license exam.
QUESTION: What can I bring into the testing center?
ANSWER: Approved References are addressed in the Candidate Information Bulletin.
QUESTION: Where do I go to take my exam?
ANSWER: All exams are managed and administrated at a third-party testing center. For details and a list of test centers in your area, contact PSI Exams or telephone them at 855-746-8173. For a complete listing of Montana testing sites please refer to the Candidate Information Bulletin.
Complete the appropriate application and submit it to the Montana State Electrical Board ASAP.
General Information Links:
- Montana State Licensing – Candidate Information Bulletin:
Exam Scheduling – Exam Content – Testing Center Locations
- Electrician Licensee Search Tool:
Check Electrical License Status
IF YOU ANSWER 20+ PRACTICE QUESTIONS CORRECTLY, YOU ARE IN PRETTY GOOD SHAPE.
However, if you miss five or more questions, you risk failing your Montana Electricians exam.