Berg Pass Your Colorado Wireman / Master Electrician Exam!
Need to pass your Colorado Master Electrician, Journeyman Wireman, or Residential Wireman Exam, order this course!
Licenses issued by examination.
Please choose your option below to get started immediately on our self-paced online classroom.
One-year online access unless you pass sooner: Accessible from any device with internet access!
Our guided self-study schedule contains the following:
Electrical Theory – eCourses
- Basic Electrical Theory
- Basic DC Theory
- Basic AC Theory
- Ohms Law
- Test Equipment
- Electrical Theory Chapter Questions
Blueprint Reading – eCourses
- Label Systems & Schematic Reading
- Construction Drawing Tutorial
- Blueprint Reading Chapter Questions
Navigating the 2023 NEC – eManual
Our “Navigating the 2023 NEC” eManual helps students learn to navigate the National Electrical Code (NEC).
When you master the code, you master your Exam!
This eManual is the heart of the training program. It will familiarize you with the use, layout, and content of the 2023 NEC.
- How to navigate the 2023 NEC
- Understanding of the terms, concepts, and layout of the NEC.
- Speed drills
- Code navigation exercises.
- Breaking down questions by subject:
- Keyword Identification: how to identify the subject of a question for easy reference.
- How to search for a code article by referencing the INDEX.
- Code reference example questions with in-depth solutions.
- Code skimming exercises
- Chapter study questions
Flash Cards & Simulated Final Exams
- ONLINE FLASHCARDS: Virtual Flashcards provide individual randomized questions. This provides access to our entire question set and is an ideal setting to practice answering randomized exam questions. (Organized as Question – Answer – Code Location).
- SIMULATED FINAL EXAM: Final exams simulate the experience of taking your actual Colorado Master Electrician, Journeyman Wireman Electrician, or Residential Wireman Exam.
Simulated Finals Are:
- Full length (Same number of questions as the exam)
- Timed (Same amount of time allowed as the exam)
- Randomized (Questions are assigned randomly; all exams are unique.)
- Properly Balanced (All questions are balanced according to the Candidate Information Bulletin to guarantee a realistic exam simulation)
Take as Many Timed Final Exams as You Want! (Practicing final exams helps you rapidly gain confidence and knowledge to pass your Colorado Electrician Exam effortlessly.)
THIS PROGRAM REQUIRES YOU TO HAVE A COPY OF THE 2023 (NEC) NATIONAL ELECTRIC CODE. IF YOU DO NOT OWN A COPY OF THE CODEBOOK, YOU MAY PURCHASE ONE BELOW.
Please get in touch with the Colorado Department of Regulatory Agencies for current information. Licensing requirements change and our site may not have been updated to reflect those changes.
QUESTION: Who is required to have a Colorado Electrical License?
ANSWER: All individuals engaged as Residential Wiremen, Journeyman Wiremen, or Master Electricians performing work must be licensed by the Colorado Electrical Board.
QUESTION: What are the qualifications required for taking the Colorado Electrician exam?
Master Electrician: (select one)
1. Show 10,000 hours of experience* including at least 4,000 of commercial/industrial experience.
○ Experience must include planning and layout, and supervision experience.
○ Supervision experience must be gained while holding an active JW license.
2. Hold an electrical engineering degree from an accredited college or university.
○ Also show 2,000 hours of practical experience as a registered electrical apprentice.
3. Hold a community college or trade school degree in electrical construction or a related field.
○ Also show 8,000 hours of practical experience* as listed for JW license.
- 8,000 hours of electrical work* including at least 4,000 of commercial/industrial work.
- 288 hours of electrical education if you were registered as an apprentice on or after 1/1/2011.
Residential Wireman: 4,000 hours of residential-only experience.
QUESTION: Is there reciprocity in Colorado for the electrician exams?
The Colorado State Electrical Board adheres to the bylaws of the National Electrical Reciprocal Alliance (NERA). As such, Colorado has journeyman electrician reciprocal licensing agreements with the following states:
- New Hampshire
- New Mexico
- North Dakota
- South Dakota
In accordance with NERA bylaws, applications for a Colorado journeyman reciprocal license are required to:
- Hold a journeyman certificate or a master electrician certificate that is current, active, and in good standing and allows the individual to work as a journeyman electrician in the licensing state
- Have gained that certificate through a state-administered examination with a passing score from the licensing state
- Have held the journeyman certificate or the master electrician certificate for at least 1-year in the licensing state
The Colorado Electrical Board will issue a certificate without written examination when an applicant for reciprocity has met the above requirements and paid the appropriate fees. Applicants will not be granted a reciprocal certificate where the certificate in the licensing state was granted by grandfathering without having passed a state-administered examination as stated above.
QUESTION: How do I sign up for a Colorado Electrical License exam?
ANSWER: A third-party testing center, PSI Exams administers the exam. Once you have made payment for your examination services, you are ready to schedule your examination. It is important to remember that you are responsible for contacting PSI to schedule your examination. PSI will make every effort to schedule the examination site and time that is most convenient for you. To schedule with a PSI registrar, call (855) 898-0710 Monday through Friday, between 5:30 a.m. and 8:00 p.m., and Saturday, between 7:00 a.m. and 3:30 p.m., Mountain Time.
QUESTION: Are there any Exam Accommodations?
ANSWER: All PSI examination centers are equipped to provide access in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990, and exam accommodations will be made in meeting a candidate’s needs. A candidate with a disability or a candidate who would otherwise have difficulty taking the examination should request for alternative arrangements by Clicking Here.
- Candidates granted accommodation in accordance with the ADA, MUST schedule their examination by telephone and speak directly with a PSI registrar.
QUESTION: How many questions and how long are the Colorado Electrician exams?
ANSWER: The Master Electrician exam consists of 90 multiple-choice questions. Test takers have 240 minutes to complete this exam. The exam is computer-based.
The Journeyman Wireman exam consists of 90 multiple-choice questions. Test takers have 240 minutes to complete the exam. The exam is computer-based.
The Residential Wireman exam consists of 90 multiple-choice questions. Test takers have 240 minutes to complete the exam. The exam is computer-based.
The following codebooks will be provided by the testing center:
- The NFPA 70 – National Electrical Code, 2023 Edition.
- Formula page
QUESTION: What can I bring to the PSI testing center?
ANSWER: Prescription eyeglasses
- Proctors will also carefully inspect eyeglass frames, tie tacks, or any other apparel that could be used to harbor a recording device.
QUESTION: Where do I go to take my Colorado Electrician exam?
ANSWER: PSI Services. PSI maintains 7 testing locations across Colorado.
For a complete listing, reference pages 4-5 of the Colorado State Electrical Board – Candidate Information Bulletin.
QUESTION: Why should someone study this course if the Colorado electrical license exam is an open-book exam?
ANSWER: The electrical licensing exam is very challenging and usually requires a month or more of preparation to pass.
The 2023 NEC is a large and complex publication containing over 800 pages of code. It is challenging to locate each correct article and answer in the time allowed during the exam without thorough preparation.
Our course is designed to familiarize you with the 2023 NEC. You will know precisely how to find the correct answers in the code when you take your exam.
We prepare you to pass your exam by providing extensive knowledge of the structure of the code and by thoroughly covering each subject appearing on your Colorado Electrician License Exam.
QUESTION: Why is a copy of the 2023 NEC required by this course?
ANSWER: The Colorado Electrician License Exams are based on the 2023 NEC. This course is an excellent study companion to the 2023 NEC. This course makes frequent references to code sections and guides you through the exam topics.
The Electrical Licensing Exam is an open-book code exam. To pass, you must continuously reference the 2023 National Electrical Code.
Complete the appropriate application and submit it to the Colorado Electrical Contractors Board ASAP.
General Information Links:
- Colorado Licensing – Candidate Information Bulletin:
Exam Scheduling – Exam Content – Testing Center Locations
- Electrician Licensee Search Tool:
Check Electrical License Status
- Colorado Application Checklist
Colorado Electrical Board
- Online Electrician Application.
For approval by the Colorado Electrical Board