Pass Your Alaska Electrical License Exam!
When you need to pass your Alaskan electrician license exam, order this course!
Licenses issued by examination.
Our online electrical license course thoroughly prepares you to pass your selected Alaska Electrical Certificate of Fitness exam.
Get your Alaska Certificate of Fitness – Electrical.
If you are taking the Alaska Certificate of Fitness – Electrical Exam this course will teach you how to pass your exam the first time you test.
How? Because TLC Works! Our programs are among the most successful, comprehensive, and affordable training and exam preparation programs available anywhere.
The key to your success while using our program is a 22-lesson breakdown of our curriculum, designed to maximize your learning & retention potential. If you follow our curriculum, you WILL PASS your exam!
We provide a comprehensive strategy to pass either of the Alaska Certificate of Fitness Electrical exams, by teaching you how to “navigate” the 2017 NEC. You will quickly become an expert at finding the answers to exam questions rapidly and accurately.
Why choose TLC to help pass the electrical exam? Because your time is too valuable to choose anyone else!
Five Reasons to Enlist TLC to Ensure you Pass Your Alaska Certificate of Fitness – Electrical Exam.
- TLC has fifteen years of experience educating electricians on how to navigate the code and pass state-required electrician tests. We are experts at helping electricians pass the electrical exam!
- A+ Rated with the BBB. Our Program Works, and we have never received a complaint. Check us out!
- Our eTextbooks and online study center contain over 1300 multiple-choice questions taken directly from the 2017 NEC (the basis of the Alaska State test), as well as dozens of timed simulated full-length practice exams.
- We guarantee that YOU WILL PASS YOUR EXAM! If you don’t pass your Alaska Electrical exam after two attempts, We offer a full refund.
- We have a 98% Pass Rate! Our students pass the exam. In fact, out of the 3000+ electricians that have used our study courses, less than 50 failed to pass on the first try.
Our students pass, we guarantee it! Our students enjoy a 98% pass rate!
Consultants are available at 866-685-8564 – Mon-Fri 7 am to 10 pm pst to answer any of your questions.
Each student has access to the following online e-books and online study center for one year.
Basic Electrical Theory – eBook
- AC Current
- Simple AC Current Calculations
- AC Phase
- Phase Rotation
- Single-Phase Power Systems
- Three-Phase Power Systems
- Three-Phase Y and Delta Configurations
- Measurements AC Magnitude
- Power in Resistive and Reactive AC Circuits
- Calculating Power Factor
- Practical Power Factor Correction
- Kirchhoff’s law.
Supplemental Study Guides – eBook
- Ohms Law Tutorial
- Prints & Specifications Tutorial
- Wire Color Codes
- Electronic Symbols
- Electrical Diagrams
- Digital Multimeters
- 29 CFR Part 1926 Safety & Health Regulations for Construction Overview
Navigating the 2017 NEC – eBook
- How to quickly reference the NEC
- Code reference speed drills
- Table of Contents
- Layout and structure of the codebook
- How to use the Index
- TLC System for answering test questions
- Keyword Identification – How to identify the subject of a question
- Example questions are broken down for your review
- Practice questions with answers fully mapped out
Online Study Center – Study Questions and Practice Exams
Access Study Questions and Simulated Exams From Any Device With Internet Access!
These questions provide the framework for you to practice locating the answers to exam questions through the use of the 2017 NEC Codebook. The process of constantly utilizing the codebook to answer practice questions will build up the speed and code knowledge you need to successfully pass your electrical exam.
Four modes of study!
- Study Mode: This covers over 1300 Alaska Certificate of Fitness Electrical exam questions and answers within our course. (Organized as Question – Answer – Code Location)
- General Trade Knowledge Questions (General electrical questions not in the code)
- Blueprint Reading Questions
- Calculation Questions (Load Calculations, Conduit Fill, etc.)
- 2017 NEC Code Questions
- Flashcard Mode: Online Virtual Flashcards provide randomized access to our entire question set, an ideal setting to practice exam questions. (Organized as Question – Answer – Code Location)
- Chapter Tests: Provide real-time feedback on each section of our study materials, enabling you to concentrate on sections that need improvement.
- Simulated Final Exams: Simulates the taking of your Electrical exam.
- Full length (Exact number of questions)
- Timed (Exact same amount of time allowed)
- Randomized (Questions are randomized, all exams are unique)
- Properly Balanced (Balanced according to the Candidate Information Bulletin guaranteeing a realistic exam simulation)
Take as many simulated final exams as you want! (These exams help you to gain the knowledge, speed, and confidence needed to pass your electrical exam effortlessly)
One year online access: Full access membership to our online study center. Experience the convenience of learning at home, or in the office, saving valuable travel time to an in-person course.
Our program is a reliable, affordable way to prepare for the Alaska Certificate of Fitness – Electrical Exam.
This program requires a copy of the 2017 (NEC) National Electric Code. If you do not own a copy of the codebook, you should acquire one immediately!
Frequently Asked Questions
QUESTION: Who is required to have an Alaska Certificate of Fitness Electrical License?
ANSWER: All individuals engaged as Journeyman-level Electricians performing work, must be licensed by the Alaska Department of Labor and Workforce Development.
QUESTION: How much experience is required by the State of Alaska to become a licensed Journeyman Electrician?
ANSWER: This depends on the Certificate of Fitness you are applying for; these requirements are listed on page 3 of the Application for Certificate of Fitness
QUESTION: How do I sign up for a Certificate of Fitness Journeyman Electrical License exam?
ANSWER: All candidates must fill out and submit an application for the Certificate of Fitness for Journeyman Electrical application form to the Alaska Department of Labor Mechanical Inspection Department for approval to sit for the exam.
QUESTION: What content is included in the exam, how many questions are there, and how much time do I have to complete it?
Certificate of Fitness Exam: It depends on which Certificate of Fitness Exam you are taking; license exams differ in the number of questions. For each exam, you are given four hours.
Residential Journeyman: Is 50 questions ( 25 true or false & 25 multiple-choice)
Journeyman: Is 100 questions ( 50 true or false & 50 multiple-choice)
QUESTION: Why study TLC’s course if the Journeyman Electrical Certificate of Fitness exams are open book?
ANSWER: The electrical license exam is complex. It can require at least a month of study and preparation to pass.
The 2017 NEC is a publication containing over 800 pages of complex code. Through TLC’s course, locating the correct answer within the time allowed during the exam will be mastered.
TLC prepares you to successfully pass your exam by providing extensive instruction on the structure of the code. Each subject appearing in your Alaska Certificate of Fitness – Electrical Exam is broadly covered.
QUESTION: Why is a copy of the 2017 NEC required for this course?
ANSWER: Alaska Certificate of Fitness – Electrical exams are based on the 2017 NEC. TLC’s proven companion course will guide you through frequent references to critical code. Preparing you for your upcoming license exam.
QUESTION: What can I bring into the testing center?
ANSWER: Approved References for the Certificate of Fitness -Electrical exam are allowed a copy of the 2017 NEC.
QUESTION: Where do I go to take my Electrical Certificate of Fitness exam?
ANSWER: Are given by appointment only. Call the Mechanical Inspection office to schedule testing in Anchorage, Fairbanks, or Juneau.
Note: Contact the Anchorage office for information on testing in other selected Alaska communities. (907) 269-4925
Complete the appropriate application and submit it to the Alaska Electrical Application ASAP.
- Alaska Certificate of Fitness Journeyman Electrician Application.
For approval by the Alaska Electrical Contractors Board
General Information Links:
Use your codebook to answer the following Alaska Electrician Certification Exam questions.
- PASS –If you correctly answer twenty+ of these free AK electrician exam practice questions, great job!
- FAIL – If you miss four or more questions, order this course and learn to pass your AK Electrician Exam.
Use the 2017 (NEC) National Electrical Code) to solve these AK electrical certification exam practice questions.